Correct price for a concour car

To share thoughts, ideas and inspirations on the subject of councours, judging and how to restore your Minor to showroom condition
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
princess090967
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Correct price for a concour car

Post by princess090967 »

Dear friends, I would like to know what is the correct price for a properly restored car (at concours level) Morris Minor Traveller series III or, better series II or firs series III with 948 engine because I am looking for. I like a lot Charles Wares cars but they are too expensive for me. Then, I would like a car with more original items (not reproduction but Nos BMC parts or BMC old parts restored). If you have the patience to look what I would like, please see my sprite in "for sale car" in this site or my mini 59 in mini register site.

http://www.1959miniregister.com/photo-g ... gallery=54

Thanks, Max
Alec
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Correct price for a concour car

Post by Alec »

Hello Max,

the sky's the limit for a Concours winning car, if you can find one for sale? More than a commercially available restored car such as Ware's for example.

Alec
princess090967
Minor Friendly

Post by princess090967 »

I am confused and I can't give a value at a Morris Minor Traveller as I would like because if I add to the purchase price of a professional restorers (I read 18.000 Lst) the cost of all items that I would change because they are non original the price goes up dramatically and we can arrive easily at 21.000 - 23.000 Lst. that I think to much for this cars.
In this case I think that my cars, where 90% of bolts are marked "Wiley " and they were sunblested with glass microsheres and chromed to mantain originality, can't have a value, but I don't think so.

Max
PaulTubby
Minor Fan

Post by PaulTubby »