Carpet fixing points

To share thoughts, ideas and inspirations on the subject of councours, judging and how to restore your Minor to showroom condition
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
SuziQ
MMOC Member: No

Carpet fixing points

Post by SuziQ »

I want to know how many press studs to use for the floor sections of the carpet on a 1963 2-door saloon and where they should be positioned.

Some traders sell them in packs of 10, however, a lot of carpets sold nowadays have the front seat fixings bolted through the rear carpet mat, which is incorrect, hence, packs of 10 carpet studs could also be wrong.

I realise that the sill bits and the bit below the back seat have to be glued.

Perhaps a concours judge could settle this as I don't want to drill holes in the floor pan in the wrong place or drill too many holes.

I would like to get back into concours, which is why I would like this to be correct.

Many thanks
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Re: Carpet fixing points

Post by ManyMinors »

You seem to have asked this question in two different sections. Hopefully you have seen my reply and detailed photographs in the "OTHER" section of the forum. Does this answer your question?
SuziQ

Re: Carpet fixing points

Post by SuziQ »

Hi. I have just seen your post in answer to my question about carpet clips in the other section.
I had stopped checking for replies because the previous comments were not helpful.
Your post, with the pictures, is absolutely perfect. Thank you for your time and trouble.
I want to get back into concours and didn't want to start drilling in the wrong place.
:D