What are the prices for an mm

for those with Series MM sidevalve cars produced between September 1948 and February 1953
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
irmscher
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

What are the prices for an mm

Post by irmscher »

Just wondering what the mm is fetching nowadays ? unrestored and restored and what would you pay for a replacement engine any ideas :)
youngcamper
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: What are the prices for an mm

Post by youngcamper »

Do you mean Series MMs or just morris minors ?
Will
ImageImageImage
________1967-Lily________________________1963-Phoebe_______________________1965-Dobby_________
XWL61
Minor Fan

Post by XWL61 »

Did you not get the £1550 you were asking for a lowlight in September....
1955 Series 2 saloon XWL61
1957 Series 3 saloon
1955 Series 1 86" Land Rover
1953 Jowett Javelin PE Std.
youngcamper
Minor Fan

Post by youngcamper »

If we're talking about Lowlights I'd say they start at about £900, you wouldn't get much for less than that. However some good projects go for about £2000+ . Restored they go for atleast £4000 even if they're unoriginal.
Will
ImageImageImage
________1967-Lily________________________1963-Phoebe_______________________1965-Dobby_________
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

Xwl i never pushed the sale as i was let down and believe you need to see a car before you buy which prospective buyers didnt do .The car i have is 100% solid all running gear rebuilt over £1000 nos spares rebuilt engine and just needs paint and putting together every number matches and nice original reg .The reason i asked youngcamper was that in our local car club someone sold one for £5,000 and then charged £500 for a spare engine :o and the new owner thinks he has a bargain and it was a 51 needing attention beit only minor :oops: paint blemishes and tatty grill but as the seller said it doesnt need an mot ever
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Post by mike.perry »

If it has not got a current MOT then it does need one if it is on the road, the exception does not start until mid November. I would certainly want to see a recent MOT even if it was not a legal requirement
[sig]3580[/sig]
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

I know that but trying to tell the new owner is a waste of time he thinks its rarer than hens teeth as he has been looking for ages :( wish i had known