New Purchase!!

for those with Series MM sidevalve cars produced between September 1948 and February 1953

Moderator: Moderators

JohnV
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Re: New Purchase!!

Postby JohnV » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:00 pm

David

Where did you get the plates made? Those are very handsome indeed.

As I have the original paperwork for our 1960 Traveller (LHD Export), which my dad bought new and drove around the U.K. before bringing it to the States, I found the bit with the original registration number (never reissued).

I can't get it reactivated unless I bring the car back to the UK (highly unlikely!) but it would be nice to have period plates with the original number. Hence my Q.
I have two Minors in upstate New York. One is the 1961 Traveller my dad bought new that year in London, where I was born. It's had a hard life but is still running cheerfully at 54K miles. The second is the oldest Minor confirmed to survive in North America, a LHD high-light Tourer built in April 1949. It's a total basket case, but will be restored over the coming years.

DAVIDMCCULLOUGH
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: New Purchase!!

Postby DAVIDMCCULLOUGH » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:23 pm

JohnV wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:00 pm
David

Where did you get the plates made? Those are very handsome indeed.

As I have the original paperwork for our 1960 Traveller (LHD Export), which my dad bought new and drove around the U.K. before bringing it to the States, I found the bit with the original registration number (never reissued).

I can't get it reactivated unless I bring the car back to the UK (highly unlikely!) but it would be nice to have period plates with the original number. Hence my Q.
John, I got them from an ebay seller, they were priced very cheaply at only £17.95 including UK post! Im still holding out some small hope for original documents to turn up, thats why I didnt want to buy expensive plates as the moment. I was quite pleasantly surprised by how decent these actually are!

This is a direct link to their web site were they only cost £16.95!!
https://ej-parts.co.uk/

Too many Minors so little time.....