Spot the difference...

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
JimK
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Spot the difference...

Post by JimK »

I was looking through ESM's website while putting together an order, and I was trying to decide whether to pay £10 for a pattern rear cylinder or £30 for a "genuine" AP version.

Actually, the pictures are of the same cylinder - on the pattern item the AP logo is brushed out :-) Have a look and see if you agree:
Pattern
AP

I think I might order a pattern cylinder and see if I get an AP one with the logo filed off :-)

For the record, the chap at ESM said that they are very similar. I told him that the two photos are clearly of the same thing, and he said he'd have a look.
Jim - New Forest, the Wiltshire bit
chickenjohn
Minor Legend

Post by chickenjohn »

Can you blame them for doing a photo edit job? It must take ages to take, edit, and upload all the pics they have on their site.
JimK
Minor Addict

Post by JimK »

Taking photos of hundreds of different bits has got to be completely mind-numbingly boring, agreed. But if you don't have time to take photos of everything (which is entirely understandable) why include a photo which is not of the part you're selling?

I'd leave a blank space rather than put a photo of a different part. Editing the photo probably took as long as taking another - unless of course they didn't have a pattern cylinder in stock when they did the photos?
chickenjohn
Minor Legend

Post by chickenjohn »

Not having a pattern in stock to take a photo of is the likely explanation. ESM are one of the few traders I have no worries about dealing with and have heard nothing bad about. Their restoration work is extreemly high quality as well. Ask at your local branch meeting for experiences of various traders.

I would not read too much into this rogue bit of photo editing.
JimK
Minor Addict

Post by JimK »

I haven't read anything into it, I just thought it was odd. I've ordered several times from ESM and found them perfectly efficient.

Not in a branch, just the bunch of New Forest pub-goers called SADMOG... :-)
badfelafel
Minor Addict

Post by badfelafel »

I think theres major differences in the photos - theyre clearly not the same. For a start, theres the cow in a straw hat in the background of the bottom one.

Barry, Miriam, Ellie, Maia and the Morris
d_harris
Minor Legend

Post by d_harris »

I think you should stop taking those tablets badfelafel