A question for you Apple/ Mac heads

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
chickenjohn
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

A question for you Apple/ Mac heads

Post by chickenjohn »

My Powerbook (867mhz, 15" Ti book running Max OSX 10.2.8 {Jaguar}) has just stopped connecting to the internet. This is after 4 1/5 years of almost no faults. I think is software related as the airport card still connects to the wireless router and to my PC, I can open files on my PC's hard drive- so the networking side is ok.

All programs can no longer connect- mail, Camino, or Safari and all update progs.

Ant ideas? I allready tried repairing permissions through the disk utillity and "trashing a few prefs" then re-starting, creating a new user, all tips off the web and all to no avail.

Ironically, my usually troublesome PC is working well today. I have started using the Paowerbook to update the EKMM and Hop sites, so this is a major PITA from the Morris Minor perspective as well.

any and all ideas are welcome, (except Just buy a PC laptop).
Cheers John - all comments IMHO
- Come to this years Kent branches Hop rally! http://www.kenthop.co.uk
(check out the East Kent branch website http://www.ekmm.co.uk )
ImageImage
chickenjohn
Minor Legend

Post by chickenjohn »

Bizzarrely, its just started working! What was going on- any ideas???????? :D :P

I've never known a PC to mend itself?!?
picky
Minor Addict

Post by picky »

some people on this forum are just too helpful :D maybe someone hacked into your router and fixed it without your knowledge :o
1969 Four door Saloon Old English White 1275 with ported head and HS4 carb. Wolseley 1500 front brakes. Currently off the road with a leaky master cylinder!