Green Flag Warning

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
millerman
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Green Flag Warning

Post by millerman »

C6Dave wrote:I am not renewing Green Flag this year as to cover the 59 Minor they want an additional £65 in premium so have gone back to Auto Aid http://www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk/

Why you may well ask, well it's £38.00 a year and that covers me and my wife for any car were driving, whatever the age, so for those of you with a small 'fleet' of classics you only use on a limited basis it's ideal.

Downside, well you have to pay the recovery charge yourself and submit the receipts to get your money back.

However that is not an issue as I had to claim once when I had the C4 and stupidly put unleaded in the Diesel tank (I know, what an idiot) and they paid out with no issue.

Full cover details are here: http://www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk/works01.htm and they will answer any queries over the phone.
That seems very good value AND, I note, is an associate company of RH Insurance who many recommend for their Minor insurance
sena.1994
MMOC Member: No

Post by sena.1994 »

Im a great advocate for the AA, having full cover and breakdown warranties and both my cars with them. I was very suprised that they offered this, and I double and triple checked that they really will cover a 1971 moggy and a 1994 XJ, but yes, they will.

Over the last 3 years they have replaced 3 batteries in the XJ (c£120 each), new hub for the XJ (c£200 inc fitting), and now will tow the moggy to the garage on Monday and pay to replace her fuel pump!

http://www.mmoc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=40843
rob.hardy1
Minor Fan

Post by rob.hardy1 »

i have breakdown recovery through my bank. Its part of their deal (breakdown, phone insurance,holiday insurance etc) They use green flag and i have only had to use it once and they recovered me from the M4 and took me (and MEA ) home, no problems.
daveyl
Minor Fan

Post by daveyl »

My wife has had AA roadside assistance and recovery for the last 18 years. Used it the first 2 years and was 'recovered' from Manchester and birmingham respectively on both occasions. Ab Fab!! Gives me piece of mind, as I don't have to collect her.

However, on both occasions it was the same problem they failed to spot. Radiator thermostat failed and so, the electric fan wasn't engaging. (took me the 2nd breakdown to work out what it was).

I must say if I had to call out the AA more than 5 times I don't think I'd own a classic. Personally I have never called them out myself. Although, I have broken down so maybe I should use them more often to get my money's worth! It's a lot of cash in 18 years.