best insurers for moped/scooter insurance?

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
xpress
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

best insurers for moped/scooter insurance?

Post by xpress »

hi there, do you have any recommendations or moped/scooter insurance up to 125cc with CBT, possibly 3rd party only, one that doesn't mind a couple or a few mopeds on the insurance for the named person, or that doesn't have a 25 pounds admin charge to swap them over?

lambrettalad
Minor Legend

Re: best insurers for moped/scooter insurance?

Post by lambrettalad »

classics or modern?
Scootering magazine is full of averts for all types of insurance,so is Twist and go.

I know carole nash has multi policies for classics,others include lexmark,google it :D

like all motor insurance theses days it pays to shop around every renewal.even if it is a pain in the ***e answering the same ever increasing questions over and over again :(
Cheers Alex
all thoughts are given in good faith but..." You pays your money and takes your choice"

[/color]
dp
Minor Legend

Post by dp »

Coincidentally I was on comparethemarket.com and they do bikes. I put my LML through (doesn't need insurance yet) and it came out cheaper than my current insurer (Adrian Flux)
lambrettalad
Minor Legend

Post by lambrettalad »

which lml do you have ?
Cheers Alex
all thoughts are given in good faith but..." You pays your money and takes your choice"

[/color]
dp
Minor Legend

Post by dp »

lambrettalad wrote:which lml do you have ?
[frame]Image[/frame]

Star 125DLX via Toscana. Love the way Indian LML are marketing their products with Italian scenery and names :)

I added a big backbox that will take two crash helmets - looks a bit incongrous but means I can carry useful amounts of stuff and use it as a practical runaround for shopping. The other scooter is a 1983 Vespa that's been modified.

Do you have one or thinking of getting one?