Need Your Help for University Project!

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
kerriphoto
MMOC Member: No

Need Your Help for University Project!

Post by kerriphoto »

Hi all,

I wonder if any of you could help, I wasn't sure where would be best to post this, but I am looking for Morris Minor Owners!

I'm Kerri, a third year photography student at university, and I am based in Bristol! I'm currently working with Charles Wares Morris Minor Centre, photographing their relationship they have with the Morris' and documenting their workforce, however I wanted to expand this by photographing the owners!

I am looking for any of you that own a Morris', that would be interested in having your portrait taken (just you, not your Morris!) - with the style of the image suggesting the reason behind why you decided to own the classic car! I am hoping to create a book of all the portraits which will need to be handed in for my University deadline at the beginning of December.

If any of you would be happy to take part, please get in touch! I am completely willing to travel and look forward to meeting some of you to hear about your Morris Minors!

Thank you!

Kerri Given :D :D
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Re: Need Your Help for University Project!

Post by bmcecosse »

Hard to imagine this would qualify for a 'University' project....standards must have changed since my day. And perhaps some people would prefer not to be associated with Wares..... :o :roll:
ImageImage
SteveClem
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by SteveClem »

Must say my experiences with Chales Wares have been 99% satisfactory.
kerriphoto

Post by kerriphoto »

bmcecosse wrote:Hard to imagine this would qualify for a 'University' project....standards must have changed since my day. And perhaps some people would prefer not to be associated with Wares..... :o :roll:

I'm a photography student, hoping to become an editorial and advertising photographer, so I'm photographing them working, as a documentary project! So definitely classes as a university project.

The portrait project will not be linked with the Morris Minor Centre, its just a separate project that has come from my original documentary series of images with the MMC.

Still looking for people to take part so please get in touch :)
leafie
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by leafie »

Hi Kerri,

Sounds an interesting and unique project, I'm sure there are club members who would be more than willing to help, many of whom will not be on the message board. If you contact the club head office in Derby I am sure they will be delighted to pass your details on to some branches not far from you.

When your project is complete I'm sure the editor Minor Matters the club magazine would be interested in your work as it would make an interesting article.

Good Luck with your studies :D
liammonty
Minor Legend

Post by liammonty »

Hi Kerri,

As above, speaking to head office would be a good idea. I would offer to help out, but am in Oxfordshire, so a little far away! And you'll find that most of us are pretty helpful - apologies that you've received some negativity on here... Good luck!