P C Clean Maestro

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: No

P C Clean Maestro

Post by bmcecosse »

My laptop is being pestered with 'PC Clean Maestro' - this happened after I was advised to try using 'Safari' browser (because my Opera has stopped showing me Sky Go) - which appeared to be like a Circus and took ages to download, and then didn't work at all anyway. But I'm left with this piece of junk - which assures me it is a 'Microsoft Partner' - and tells me my Laptop is riddled with many 'things' that need fixing. Scans with Defender show it to be clean.... Any ideas how I can get rid of this Maestro - oh and it's Windows 10 and I see no way in to the programs... Any help much appreciated! And it all now works perfectly well (including Sky Go) on Firefox.... Thanks in advance for any advice . Roy
ImageImage
simmitc
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: P C Clean Maestro

Post by simmitc »

Windows 10 is a really good OS, but can be tailored, so there might be a couple of variations, but the general principle is: Click the "start" type button or press the windows key. In the serach box type "control panel". You should see it appear in a list and be able to select it. Within there use the small icons view and look for "Programs and Features". Within that you should be able to see the offending software. Right cllick and uninstall. Good luck.
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

I still cant find that Serach box :lol: .Having windows 10 has caused me nothing but problems :(
olderisbetter
Minor Addict

Post by olderisbetter »

I was asked to look at a laptop that had a similar annoying bit of software trying to get $50 from someone a few weeks ago, It came up with the normal you have 5 thousand bugs and viruses, but while it was running it also stopped me trying to go into control panel, I ended up having to press "control" "shift" and "escape" to open task manager and then stop the program running from there, this was on windows 7 but i pressume win 10 still allows access to task manager that way.

MarkyB
Minor Maniac

Post by MarkyB »

How to uninstall PC Clean Maestro

Windows 10, 8.1, and 8

Press Windows Key+X and open Programs and Features.
Find the unreliable program among other programs
Right-click on it and click Uninstall.

From http://www.spyware-techie.com/pc-clean- ... oval-guide

"Once you break something you will see how it was put together"
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

MarkyB - you are a STAR ! Many many thanks for that - it worked right away. What a great forum this is - thanks again, your help much appreciated - Roy.
ImageImage
MarkyB
Minor Maniac

Post by MarkyB »

Glad to hear it worked.
I did panic a bit as Pressing Windows Key+X does nothing on XP or windows 7 that I am running here.

"Once you break something you will see how it was put together"
Trickydicky
Minor Legend

Post by Trickydicky »

Roy, you need to be more aware that when installing additional software, it is notorious for installing programs like this.
Stop clicking next,next I agree :wink: read the small print! :lol:
Richard

Opinions are like people,everyone can be different.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Aye - but I thought 'Safari' browser was reputable.... But it came up like a Circus when it was downloading, and there seemed no way to stop it... Now all deleted (thanks to your help!) , and Firefox installed without the slightest problem. The difficulty is that Opera/Chrome/IE and the new 'e' all refuse to let me watch Sky Go on my laptop - but it's working fine on Firefox. Next problem is an email from 'HMRC' telling me I have a rebate of some £260 from my 'Self Assessment' form, and all I need to do (within 24 hours!) is to sign up for what appears to be Government Gateway to get my money! Odd - because I don't do Self Assess - and I already have a Gateway registration.... Do you think it may be a scam ?? :o
ImageImage
Trickydicky
Minor Legend

Post by Trickydicky »

Myself and the wife keep getting the reminders, they must owe us thousands......... :wink:
Richard

Opinions are like people,everyone can be different.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Give them some bank details and they'll forward the money, why miss such an opportunity? :o

bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Another one yesterday from the Australian Government (never been there) advising of a refund due - just need to fill in a few details ! Money for nothing - it's great.
ImageImage