Post referendum malarkey

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
busguy
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Post referendum malarkey

Post by busguy »

john newton wrote:dear busguy, iwas thinking i was alone in knowing about bilderbergers , very dangerous mob that collectively tell goverments what to do. last time looking farage and trump were not in the club. nickol do you have a german site to explore bilderbergers. re,john.
Too right!
It might look far fetched, but that is why true democracy has been disappearing. That is one of their aims.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: No

Post by bmcecosse »

As long as the item is 'Made in Britain ' by employing British people - that will do me. Yes it would be ideal if all the 'ingredients' were also British made - and in time, as economic forces prevail - let's hope that is so! I don't care who 'owns' the business - I'm sure plenty of overseas companies are 'owned' by British Companies or individuals.
ImageImage
Nickol
Minor Addict

Post by Nickol »

That is exactly right Roy.

...and precisely what the european Union is all about.

One Thing though, not mentioned by all the pundits. The EU free trade Agreement of member states is very advantageous for large Multi national companies - GM for example make their cars in GB, Germany, Spain, Belgium...and other places probably, taking Advantage of the (economic) open borders. What i have not noticed is similar Amalgamation of Trade Unions. These seem to be still nationally based and thus, weak.

Anybody got any definitivve Information about this?
Gott schütze mich vorm Sturm und Wind und Autos, die aus England sind.
download/file.php?id=4822[/sig]
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

I'm impressed by Labour's take on "democracy", party members can only vote for their chosen leader if joined before Jan 2016, or for £25 between 18-19th July.

Theresa May with her links to JP Morgan, Starbucks and Amazon.
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I'm waiting for the Great Leap Forward. Won't be holding my breath for the other lot to get their act together!

simmitc

Post by simmitc »

I think that this may be verging towards the point where it becomes a little too political. It's been interesting, but has, perhaps, run its course until a few years down the line when both sides can say "See, I told you so!". WOuld anyone be upset if we returned to talking Morris Minor related things?
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Good idea. We all know the outcome now. Not much more to say..

Matt
Minor Legend

Post by Matt »

Except we now have May and Hammond in the cabinet... whens Clarkson arriving?
Serial Morris Minor Owner and Old Vehicle Nutter
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics
amgrave
Minor Addict

Post by amgrave »

We don't need Clarkson to make up the trio we have another comedian in the foreign office and he is nearly as good as Clarkson :lol: :lol: :lol:

Monty-4
Minor Addict

Post by Monty-4 »

Well. The Bilderberg conspiracy theory nonsense in this thread has made my day. The isolationist economics aren't too much crazier either, in my view. It's the golden age fallacy writ large.

There were lies in the leave campaign, not wrong guesses.

* The 350m a day figure was a very straightforward lie. It also ignored the rebate, the regional funds, and so on. It's less than half that and a rather complicated question (according to Tim Harford at least).
*The "over 70% of our laws come from the EU" was a straightforward lie.
*David Davis, our Brexit minister, claimed that we'd be able to make bespoke trading agreements with EU member states. This is impossible as it's illegal for member states to do this - trade is negotiated as a bloc of 28. He was either lying, or doesn't know what he's doing.

The government doesn't have the staff or expertise to renegotiate all of our trade agreements with the EU and the rest of the world in two years, maybe not even five.

It's all very sad.
68' 4-door Saloon, another 'Monty'.
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

Ok, but going back to our cars...looks like we'll be able to make our own rules and our politicians will have to answer to us and not be able to hide behind EU legislation. Which brings the whole thing around to my original point and maybe a good place to lock the thread?
LobbyLudd
Minor Fan

Post by LobbyLudd »

Wonder if the new lot in office will keep to the existing rolling tax exemption giving classic tax status ?
'69 4 door saloon, traf: blue.

'LIFE'- is what happens when you are busy planning other things. John Lennon
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

Thread now locked.