AA RAC Greenflag

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
olderisbetter
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

AA RAC Greenflag

Post by olderisbetter »

AA RAC Greenflag anyone know of any deals, i just want relay type cover not roadside assistance the AA are asking £120 for 2 of us in any vehicle, is that good?

bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Re: AA RAC Greenflag

Post by bmcecosse »

You always have to get Roadside - only if that fails to fix the problem will they call in the Relay trucks. Your Classic Insurance should provide both free with the Policy - if it's with a reputable Company (eg RH for one that I have used ). I have Green Flag for my modern - just Roadside (£19) since the car is otherwise covered by the manufacturer. But be aware - these manufacturer covers don't include punctures/wrong fuel - only breakdowns that would be covered by the vehicle warranty. Therefore the need for the GF 'top-up'.
ImageImage
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Post by greendefender123 »

Try through https://www.topcashback.co.uk/rac_uk_breakdown/ was half price compared to the AA for my partner and with personal cover.
olderisbetter
Minor Addict

Post by olderisbetter »

Roy i just need something for all my motors new and old to get me home but that RAC deal looks ok, i'll give it a look into, thanks.

bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

But they will always sell you Roadside - the Recovery etc is then just one of many expensive add-on options. beware the RAC "you need a new battery" (at huge expense of course) scam that was on the go a while back. Dunno if they stopped it - but the Patrol guys were on ' targets ' to sell batteries....... and threatened with losing their jobs if they didn't meet them.... :lol:
ImageImage