Historic Landrover

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
SteveClem
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Historic Landrover

Post by SteveClem »

Dropped my old landy off for a bit of cosmetic stuff at a little place in the hills today. He's got an ex SAS armoured lwb in for restoration. It's one used in the Iranian embassy seige. In a rough state but you can hardly open the doors because they are so heavy. Military air con system inside and little sliding windows to put your gun through. Lots of period stickers etc and still smells of sweat. The things that you come across...
greendefender123
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Re: Historic Landrover

Post by greendefender123 »

Sounds good. Will make a good apocalypse vehicle. So many vehicles I want!
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

There's a picture of it on the 'Landrover Relics ' Facebook page. Along with quite a few other interesting ones.
Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

If I "Won the Lottery" and was going to have any more vehicles, a Series Land Rover would be high up the list (I'd say 2nd place behind some kind of pre war Sports car, like an MG TA), along with a Brian James trailer. It's such a useful vehicle and fit for purpose. Shame the Defender has been dropped.....now much of what they seem to be making are handbags on wheels. I'll wager than in 30 years, they will still be more Defenders left, from the last year of production, than contemporary handbags.
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

They are making Defenders again :o
Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

irmscher wrote:They are making Defenders again :o
I understood that they intend to use the name on a new vehicle but I don't think it's going to be anything like the old model.
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

I think that Landrover are planning to use the name on a totally new car but there was something about a chap who's made billions in chemicals buying up the old tooling and restarting production of the original model. Don't suppose he could use the 'defender 'name though. I've heard ducks fart underwater before.
amgrave
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Post by amgrave »

Those ducks can't fart as good as a minor on a down hill over run though :wink: :lol: :lol:

Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

amgrave wrote:Those ducks can't fart as good as a minor on a down hill over run though :wink: :lol: :lol:
We could throw the entire Welsh Assembly into Cardiff Bay (Once known as Cardiff Docks) and see how they get on :wink: .
Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

SteveClem wrote:I think that Landrover are planning to use the name on a totally new car but there was something about a chap who's made billions in chemicals buying up the old tooling and restarting production of the original model. Don't suppose he could use the 'defender 'name though. I've heard ducks fart underwater before.
Not sure how that would work. When Reliant changed hands, they couldn't get type approval for the Robin and I suspect this might happen with the Land Rover, were someone else to try and take it on. I understand that Land Rover themselves were finding it hard going, as apparently the Defender was the wrong shape for running over people :-? . Whether these were Euro regulations and whether Brexit would have an effect, I know not!