Picture signature

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Blaketon
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Picture signature

Post by Blaketon »

I see lots of people have photos against their posts. I want to affix this to mine but can't see how to do it. Can resize if needs be. Help!!![frame]Image[/frame]
panky
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Picture signature

Post by panky »

Go into 'User Control Panel' at the top of the page and click on the Profile tab. The is another tab on the left hand side 'Edit Signature' where you can paste a link or upload a file to show on your signature :)
Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

Apparently I am "Not authorised to define a signature."
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

Panky
Many thanks.
I always wondered how the signature picture was added. 8)
Phil

panky
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by panky »

That worked :D
Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

philthehill wrote:Panky
Many thanks.
I always wondered how the signature picture was added. 8)
Phil
I recognise that location. I remember two Minors hillclimbing; one was Nick Mann's turbo V8 and the other was the one driven by Carl & Dylan Talbot, that had a KAD DOHC head on an A Series block. The engine ended up in a Lotus 7, which went even faster.
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

The problem with the Minor is getting the power down onto the ground - especially in the 1400cc Mod Prod class.
The Talbots even with extreme power available and 5 link suspension could not get the thing to grip so basically gave up on the Minor put the engine and transmission into the Lotus Seven and won the Midland Hill climb championship for 1400cc Mod Prods.
Because of the situation with The Talbots and their change of direction I have never been fully committed to spending huge amounts of money on my Minor preferring to getting the best out of what I have even though what I have was not cheap but a lot less than the KAD DOHC head.
Interestingly my Minor always had more attention after returning from a run than the Sevens.
Phil
Attention at Gurston
[frame]Image[/frame]

Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

Yes my Traveller has always attracted attention (It's what I call being Blaketoned). I bought it basically as a runabout (Though I cycle to work, so it leads the life of a classic) and the vendor told me that it got a lot of attention. I wasn't really interested in that and took it as a bit of sales banter. However, on the way down the M6, we stopped for fuel and within seconds, an Australian tourist was filming the car and asking questions about it. Shortly afterwards, I took my mother to Cardiff and she needed to collect some shopping from the back of one of the stores. As soon as I pulled up, I was Blaketoned twice, by a young man and by an older man. That's the way it's been.

At the time (2003), my MGs didn't seem to attract that level of attention but that has changed. My mother has an MGB GT and that's the same.