selling a car Help Please!

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
greendefender123
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

selling a car Help Please!

Post by greendefender123 »

Hi guys just in the process of selling a car I bought and changed my mind on. Bought it on saturday for my partner but she dosent like leather seats so im having to sell it on. Told her she's ungrateful and she's gotta buy her own ca now blah blah. Anyway been left a 50%deposit today im keeping the car till I get the logbook. Then he's gonna give me the rest. But he's looked at the mot history and has said it's very dodgy that they've done alot of work for the mot just to sell it for £300. The woman I got it from has just lost her job looking on facebook. Does he have a right to a refund on his deposit? Iv had to give him the garage information so he can check it out. I'm abit annoyed with this car. Iv asked what I paid. Its a fairly good car for £300 with 11 months mot. I think the rules changed in 2015. But don't know what rights you have on a £300 ford ka. It all seems ok to me. Needs a service and the tracking doing. But I was honest about this to him.
Big Jim
Minor Fan

Re: selling a car Help Please!

Post by Big Jim »

As far as I know you have both entered an agreement , and you have the right to sue for the balance , if you want to be pedantic . If it was me I would give him his cash back and resell it , it's not worth the hassle .

greendefender123
Minor Addict

I'm probably getting ahead of myself anyway. Hes just asked for the garage information. He was happy with it. I showed him all the things that want doing. Will give him his money back if he asks. Just hard times at the moment and I want it gone. Just seems like everything's hassle.
greendefender123
Minor Addict

He said vosa said the mot is dodgy. Iv asked for proof and he's calling the police.
greendefender123
Minor Addict

What a pain! he turned up. Tried to barge into the house. He got really nasty. Gave him £100 back and said take it or leave it. I would of given him the full amount if he hadn't of turned nasty. He was making up faults with car and everything!

I'm glad people on the moggie site seem normal. Feel like iv done something wrong cause he's changed his mind.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

For £50 is this worth all the hassle? Give him the cash and get him off your back. There really is no point arguing over such a trivial amount.
ImageImage
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Its all done now and sold it for £250 to a family member. If he had said iv changed my mind can I please have my money back there wouldn't of been any problems. Its the fact he said the cars not roadworthy and that VOSA said the garage that garage always does dodgy MOTS surely they would of closed it down. I changed the rocker cover gasket which was leaking. He said he knows I hadn't. He said that it's dodgy as it's only £300 and that's to cheap for a car apparently. Threatening to call the police was the last straw. What's he gonna say iv left a deposit on a car and changed my mind? They wouldn't come out when we got burgled like they'd be interested in that! Anyway it's done now. Just wish I didn't take things to heart. Had a sleepless night worrying about what he said. Iv never lied to anyone in my life. I told him the air con didn't work and the car needs a service. I even pointed out the damage. He was so pleased with it when he viewed it.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

VOSA would never say a garage does dodgy MOTs - but you DO owe him £50 since you didn't sell the car to him......
ImageImage
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

bmcecosse wrote:VOSA would never say a garage does dodgy MOTs - but you DO owe him £50 since you didn't sell the car to him......
VOSA deal DIRECT with the garage concerned, would never openly identify a specific garage, as Roy correctly says, issuing "dodgy MoT's".

Mr.GD123

If you're STILL having problems, PM me.
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Iv really checked the car over cause it was for myself. Everything's been done and to a very good standard. All sorted anyway. Just need to forget about it which is hard. Had 2 sleepless nights over its all I can think about.
SteveClem
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by SteveClem »

Don't beat yourself up. Once in a while we all come into contact with some pondlife. Most people are just fine.