It's back!

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Plin
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

It's back!

Post by Plin »

:D Oh it's good to be back in business - thanks to all for sorting out the message board :D
Corolus
Webmaster
Webmaster
MMOC Member: No

Re: It's back!

Post by Corolus »

Well that didn't take you long to notice. Less than 10 minutes actually, impressive!
mogbob
Minor Legend

Post by mogbob »

I'm a bit slow off the mark ! Great to see the Forum back in action. Huge thanks to all involved in solving the problem it is very much appreciated.
Bob
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Post by greendefender123 »

Have the restoration pictures been lost? I hope not. Glad its back up.
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

Some pictures do seem to be missing. I'm getting a little box with a question mark on some posts. :-?
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Post by greendefender123 »

SteveClem wrote:Some pictures do seem to be missing. I'm getting a little box with a question mark on some posts. :-?
Damn not just on my tablet then. Wish I'd printed my thread off. Tho iv still of the other one on the other forum.
hammersmith
Minor Friendly

Post by hammersmith »

Hi,

Glad you are back.

Happy New Year to every one

Mike
Corolus
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Corolus »

Hi All,

Please don't worry about missing pictures/threads/etc, all the data is there, but due to the age of the old forum and having to drag it (quite a few) versions up to the latest has meant that some links are broken and some content isn't showing. However, if you can let us know where these issues are then we will get that content restored as soon as possible.

I will talk to Cam and it will probably be easiest if we create a separate thread to report these issues as they are found.

Best regards,

Stuart
our IT provider Ltd
Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

I've been waiting for it to come back, to update people on the cat and his litter tray!!!

I don't know why the site was down but I'm not the biggest fan of I.T. and I have to say, that it does seem to attract some, who forty years ago, would have been the unemployable (And I don't mean unemployed!!) village idiots. Some of them just seem to latch on to computers and bluff their way through it, delighting in the sometimes childish terminology. That isn't to say that all computer people are useless (And I am sure the goods ones will also despair at the village idiots) but I believe to be really proficient in it, you need to be good at maths (Better than I am - I'm OK with geometry and trig but algebra :o ) and from what I understand, too many are not up to scratch. As an example, of all the people, who have ever tried to create an e commerce website for my business, only two actually came up with the goods; the first had a Phd in computer science and the one, who now provides the platform (And has done since 2005), is clearly gifted at it (If not as highly qualified) and if you didn't know better, you would say held the Phd. As to Google, I think most of them are bananas :roll: . The Internet, with so many putting in their five penneth and going off at a tangent, is in danger of becoming the Intermess (If it isn't already).

One of the reasons I so like the Minor, is that there's no computerised mumbo jumbo onboard. At work I have to use a computer and I have to suffer the effects of village idiots, whether those of Microsoft, B.T. or Google or the sometimes poor quality hardware!! The Minor makes a sane change from that :D (So can going back on the tools). I will never need a Google app to switch on the heating when I'm out (Or let burglars know that I am away) and to me a computer is simply a tool and not a way of life. When they work, they can be most useful but when I think back to my days of rebuilding and modifying my MG Midget (Late 1980s), I managed perfectly well knowing who the suppliers were and ordering by fax.
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

Yes, I can see your point, and I'm a technophobe too, but the fact that we are all conversing in this way shows that there are advantages to this stuff.
Must admit that I hate other other things though, in no particular order..
Buttons on steering wheels
Brakes that project you into the windscreen
Engine on-off
Electronic handbrake
Miscellaneous switches that have never been pushed since the day you got the car
Etc,etc....
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Do cars still have handbrakes? Whenever I stop behind a car, I get blinded by their stop lights until they move again.

Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

SteveClem wrote:Yes, I can see your point, and I'm a technophobe too, but the fact that we are all conversing in this way shows that there are advantages to this stuff.
Must admit that I hate other other things though, in no particular order..
Buttons on steering wheels
Brakes that project you into the windscreen
Engine on-off
Electronic handbrake
Miscellaneous switches that have never been pushed since the day you got the car
Etc,etc....
I heard about a VW Passat, that broke down on a roundabout. The handbrake came on and couldn't be released, so the car couldn't be moved out of the way. The person from the breakdown service had to "Plug in" so that the handbrake could be overridden. Clearly VW software didn't allow for a breakdown.

As to modern cars, I tend not to get involved but I find a lot of them now, have front light resembling the eyes of insects, which contain the indicators. If the lights are on, you can't see the indicators. Aside from the fact that they probably cost a fortune, it's plain daft to design an indicator that nobody can see (Perhaps they assume nobody uses them).

I find modern car adverts totally bizarre and I'm at a loss, as to at what kinds of people they are aimed. Someone recently told me, that an Audi salesman told a friend of his, that the new model had been improved to look "More aggressive". Pork sprung dork technic?
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

Surprised that Audis need to look more aggressive. They are usually so close to your back bumper that you couldn't see them without your reading glasses on.