Mobile snack bar - success!

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
palacebear
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Mobile snack bar - success!

Post by palacebear »

Since moving to Kidderminster, I usually take Max the Moggie out for a ten mile run once a week. I've been searching without success for a mobile snack bar where I can stop for a cuppa and a bacon buttie. Only ones I've found so far either involve a wholly urban drive to a retail park, or else just plain horrible, or a 25 mile round-trip. Out today I got caught in a roadworks queue so I diverted myself via the A443 near Franche... and found a great snack bar in a lay-by, run by a lovely lady called Nicky. A quid for coffee in a china mug. Nine mile round-trip from home, mainly rural... and the sun was shining! :)
1956 4-door called Max
amgrave
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Re: Mobile snack bar - success!

Post by amgrave »

Result indeed. That's a good excuse for getting the car out, I must remember it.

philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

palacebear
Talking of Kidderminster, refreshments and food!
Do they still serve those delicious potato scallops at the fish and chip shop by the viaduct in Kidderminster?
They were yummy. :D
Phil

palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

@pth
I've not been to that one coz I'm over the other side of town. Will check it out next time I'm passing. Potato scallops sound very tempting :)
1956 4-door called Max
TDV102
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Post by TDV102 »

A favourite of mine is the one on the A171 Guisbrough-Whitby road at the top Birk Brow hill. The normal single carriage road is dualled up the hill with two fairly tight bends. 50 mph limit when anyone is watching. The dualling allows standard minors to climb at their own pace. Huge fun in a GTFour. Great view at the top and excellent snack bar, proper mugs and bacon buns!
Good home offered for custom splittie
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

There's one on the A38, just south of Mansfield. Should have Michelin stars.
Not passed that way lately,hope it's still there.
Gareth
Minor Legend

Post by Gareth »

On the A44 out of Worcester, there's a lay-by just before the bridge over the River Teme. There is often a snack caravan there - he's got a bit Welsh flag that he sticks out when he's "in residence". If he's not there, he'll be at Laylocks Garden Centre.

Don't forget there are lots of garden centres with coffee shops (or coffee shops with garden centres attached, depending on your view) - Laylocks is nice, but a rural trip out to Suckley sees you at Holloways, which is well worth a visit.
Happy Minoring!

Phyllis ~ 1962 Morris Minor 4 Door Deluxe
Black coachwork with Red Duo-Tone Upholstery
palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

I'll check that one out soon. By coincidence I've found one (also Welsh... ex-army) in a layby on the A456 between Clows Top and Newnham Bridge... think the nearest village is Mamble. He's open Saturdays quite often too :)
1956 4-door called Max