morris commercial mra 1 truck

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
martin418
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

morris commercial mra 1 truck

Post by martin418 »

i have just started a rebuild of a 1952 morris commercial mra 1 army truck and wondered if anyone here was into military vehicles , it was built at alderley park and shares the common morris theme of using as many types of nuts / bolts and thread sizes as possible !! :D
philthehill
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: morris commercial mra 1 truck

Post by philthehill »

When I worked for REME way back when there were a few still around. The Austin K9 seemed to be the most popular though.

http://hmvf.co.uk/topic/8001-morris-mra1-1-ton-truck/

The OC Major had a Morris 1098cc Traveller as his staff car which was always kept in tip top condition and we had a huge stock of Morris Minor spares including body parts and a complete set of Churchill special tools as per the BMC wksp manual.
The recovery vehicle then was a Meadows petrol engined Scammel Explorer 6 x 6 which I used to occasionally drive. I came back from a recovery at Watford Gap M1 and filled the tank up with over a 100 gallons of petrol - no expense spared then. 8)
Happy days.

les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

That would have cost you about £20 then. :D

TDV102
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Post by TDV102 »

I also worked for the REME in the late 80s and remember the old 6x6 Scammells - wonderful beasts. We also had a 1951 Commer Tels Truck with just 3600 miles on it. It had done more miles on ships than its wheels
Good home offered for custom splittie
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

Any pictures of the truck :)