Introduction

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Bela
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Introduction

Post by Bela »

Hello

I am new to Morris Minor. May I introduce myself?

I am a retired electrical engineer and had a MG TD as the first historic vehicle until January. Last summer my wife and I followed a Morris Minor Tourer through the mountains. We were both curious about this car because it was as fast and sporty as our MG TD. After a short discussion, we decided to look for such an accompaniment for the MG TD. It seemed to fulfill the wish of my wife and daughter to drive an old car on their own, to ride in the driver's seat and to be in the middle and not at the side.

In January we found a nice car in the south of GB. The owner bought it from Charles Ware's two years ago and the car is now parked in Bavaria.

As an EU citizen, I expected it to be easy to register the car here in D. That was a mistake. But that's a story I'll tell when it's over. At the moment I can only G.B. Shaw cite "The Germans do everything perfectly - until it gets bad" - excuse me if the quote is not accurate. Or better tell me the right sentence.

At the moment I have some questions, especially to the German owners, that you will see in the forum

I wish you all "have a good time with your moggy until our kids forget what fun it is to drive such cars".
philthehill
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Introduction

Post by philthehill »

Welcome to world of Morris Minors and long may you enjoy the car.

What size engine do you have in your Minor?
I would not exactly call the standard Minor sporty but with the 1275cc engine fitted it will go very well with a prolonged wallow.
My neighbour has a couple of TDs and I have ridden in them so have an inkling of the TDs performance.

Phil

Bela
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Post by Bela »

Phil

the car is serie V (1965) and has 1098cc.
irmscher
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by irmscher »

Hi Bela and welcome :)