Minors must be easy to drive!!

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Blaketon
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Minors must be easy to drive!!

Post by Blaketon »

I have many DVDs of Last of the Summer Wine and I watched one last night. For those who don’t know the programme, Clegg is the world’s worst driver (When Edie Pegdan was learning to drive, Clegg’s driving made hers look good) and always makes heavy weather of whatever he has to drive. In this episode, Ely (Who is very short sighted) drives his Minor van into a hay stack and Clegg takes over driving the van. It struck me that Clegg, for about the only time, has no issues, whatsoever, with his driving!!! The Minor, it seems is Cleggproof and is clearly very easy to drive. Now if only they were still selling them, they could use it as advertising!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Oo0yxKCw1w
JHarley
Minor Fan

Re: Minors must be easy to drive!!

Post by JHarley »

Haha!, Never watched that but I get what you're talking about, Clegg sounds a bit like Frank Spencer from Some Mothers Do 'Ave Em, one of my favourite programmes, Frank drives a Smoke Grey 2-Door if I remember rightly, not quite sure what year ?, I'll have a hunt around on the net.

Joe :D
The Moggy Minor will stand with dignity for all time :D, I'm in Northampton, UK.

The proud owner of Alan, a 1966 Trafalgar Blue Traveller.
Blaketon
Minor Legend

Re: Minors must be easy to drive!!

Post by Blaketon »

Clegg is timid and shy but not another Frank Spencer. He is a widowed, ex lino salesman, who lives alone in a very tidy house. He claims he is useless with the ladies, on account of a bad experience (Marriage) and so far as practical abilities are concerned, he "Failed toaster".

I saw a clip of Frank Spencer the other day, where his wife was trying to explain that they were going to have a baby.