Bojo the Cloan

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Banned User
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Bojo the Cloan

Post by Banned User »

POMMReg wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:06 pm Anyone else notice chemists having "problems" with medicine suppliers?

My latest prescription was of a cheaper brand.
Nope, mine’s been the same brand for a year or so.
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

Don’t think the ‘brand ‘ matters. If it’s the same medication and cheaper thats just great!
ianmack
Minor Addict

Post by ianmack »

Interesting choice of backdrops for Bojo’s speechifying over two days.

Yesterday the police, supposedly not political but also usually seen as reliable and trustworthy whereas Boris.....

Today, seeking something more appropriate he poses with a bull. Of course both of them produce a great deal of bull substances. Most apt.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

That’s a shame, he speaks well of you !

dp
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by dp »

I really miss Spitting Image. It always revealed the absurdity of politics & politicians better than the serious commentators.
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

POMMReg wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:06 pm Anyone else notice chemists having "problems" with medicine suppliers?

My latest prescription was of a cheaper brand.
Unless the regulations have changed in the last few years, and I doubt they have, then if the drug is available generically, i.e. effectively out of Copyright/Trademark type controls for the originator, then so long as the Dr prescribes the generic name, the Pharmacy can provide whichever brand they wish.
If the Dr used the Trademark name, then they have to give you that manufacturer.

My sister has today facebooked a link to a report about certain drugs being in possible short supply:
https://e-surgery.com/brexit-crisis-med ... PpOBG8Bluk
There's no date to this page, so we can't tell when it was written, but 3 of the 4 drugs I have are on there. :(
Basil the 1955 series II

Banned User
Minor Fan

Post by Banned User »

geoberni wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:45 pmMy sister has today facebooked a link to a report about certain drugs being in possible short supply:
This is why I don't do the Facebook thing, it's like the Daily Mail on steroids as far as scaremongering goes.
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

PoolGuy wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:50 pm
geoberni wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:45 pmMy sister has today facebooked a link to a report about certain drugs being in possible short supply:
This is why I don't do the Facebook thing, it's like the Daily Mail on steroids as far as scaremongering goes.
:D :D

Twitter is worse, all goes fine for ages, then some nasty vindictive little Troll goes to work trying to stir things up.
You can't converse with them, because if you're not in total agreement with them, then you're the anti-christ with 666 tattooed behind your ear... and they get worse.. :D :D
Basil the 1955 series II

Banned User
Minor Fan

Post by Banned User »

geoberni wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:19 pm You can't converse with them, because if you're not in total agreement with them
Forums are the same, there's always someone who knows everything and spouts stuff as gospel. As my mum would say, there's more than one way to skin a cat.

Unfortunately people like that stifle conversation because other knowledgeable people with a different viewpoint can't be bothered arguing with established posters.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Not many folk keep their lives private these days. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again—— there was, on this very forum, what seemed like a spate of one upmanship over various health issues, no sooner had someone described their ailment, someone else posted a ‘better’ one, almost as a point of pride!
No way would I mention my wooden leg and bionic arm, in that manner.

Banned User
Minor Fan

Post by Banned User »

les wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:53 pm
No way would I mention my wooden leg and bionic arm, in that manner.
You've only got one wooden leg? Pah!
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

:D

TDV102
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Post by TDV102 »

Many of mine are on the list. Still...I've had a good life...
Not that the Tories would care, I was there through the Thatcher era and will never forgive them. Not that the rest are much better.
Good home offered for custom splittie
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

Anyone remember ‘weebles’? They didn’t have any legs but you couldn’t knock them over. :lol:
Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

TDV102 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:00 pm I was there through the Thatcher era and will never forgive them. Not that the rest are much better.
Has she gone......I knew she wore a suit from about 1997 - 2005 and smiled a lot but I didn't know she had gone ? :wink:
Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

So I gather, the monkeys, at London zoo, are suing the artist for defamation
Attachments
86fcc730-d87f-11e9-acf7-1844b276cba0.jpg
86fcc730-d87f-11e9-acf7-1844b276cba0.jpg (79.93 KiB) Viewed 3254 times
COMMANDER
Minor Fan

Post by COMMANDER »

GUILTY!
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

You're right to say we are all fed up with this dragging on and on.
You are also right that allot of people are going to feel cheated and very angry if Brexit doesn't happen.

However they gave us a choice and allot of very intelligent and sensible people voted to leave, just because you don't like our choice doesn't give you the right to judge us as a load of ill informed idiots.

You are also right in that they asked the question, fully confident that they would get the answer they wanted, namely Remain.
Then they didn't! The people of this country chose independence, rather than ever deepening subservience to an increasingly more draconian and dictatorial EU.

You are also right in that this is (meant to be) a democracy.
They have now opened Pandora's box and it is going to be impossible to close it again.

The only right answer is to go ahead with Brexit and as someone else said 'make the best of it'.
Personally I do not believe it will be the disaster the Remainers would have us believe it will be.
I also think that this is something they are afraid of, because being as in love with the EU as they are, if Brexit happens and then works / we make a success of it, can you ever see the people of this country voting to be a small part of the EU superstate in the future.

We want our own laws, our own army, our own currency and our own Flag!
And if you want to take it from us then you will have to kill me for one to do it!
Rule Brittania and no apologies!
Mike.
Last edited by jagnut66 on Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

You are also right that allot of people are going to feel cheated and very angry if Brexit doesn't happen.[/i wrote:[/b]

Whatever side one voted for, I don’t get the above sentence, It’s been voted on. End of story, it’s just a matter of time. Unless, of course, you dump democracy. Would anyone actually do that ? Is that even possible?

Banned User
Minor Fan

Post by Banned User »

Les, nothing would surprise me anymore.