Lots of posts

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
SteveClem
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Lots of posts

Post by SteveClem »

Seems that lots of people log on and post during’Strictly come Dancing’...
Maybe I’m not the only one who has to endure this appalling pile of poo. :evil:
les
Minor Maniac

Re: Lots of posts

Post by les »

Great that we can agree to disagree !!!! :wink:

SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

Touché!, :D
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

The devil made me do it ! :D

Sleeper
Minor Legend
Location: Manchester ( Damp and Miserable ) and that's just the wife...

Post by Sleeper »

les wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:35 pm Great that we can agree to disagree !!!! :wink:
Does that mean that you like it ?

John :-?
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Yes, that’s what it means! :D

geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

Strictly is the only 'Celeb' entertainment show I watch.
They are actually competing by developing a skill and there's a professional judging panel to decide who leaves.
You can see them improve or not as the series goes on.
This is unlike all the other voyeuristic 'Celeb' (or not) shows, e.g. Get me Out of Here, Big Brother, and all the 'Lets film some random people in Essex, Newcastle, or wherever' shows, where it's just a random vote, a bit like a crowd watching a public flogging or execution in times past...or the baying crowd at a Ancient Rome Gladiatorial event.....
SteveClem wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:08 pm Seems that lots of people log on and post during’Strictly come Dancing’...
Maybe I’m not the only one who has to endure this appalling pile of poo. :evil:
why are you having to endure it? There must be something else you can do if you have a spouse/partner who watches it.
Perhaps find a reason to go and work on the Moggie... :wink:
Basil the 1955 series II

Banned User
Minor Fan

Post by Banned User »

Anyone who thinks that any of these shows is anything more than evening entertainment is sadly mistaken. Those who don’t know how to switch channel or even (god forbid) switch off need help :lol:
POMMReg
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by POMMReg »

Depresses me that ANYONE can class celebs eating or killing insects as "entertainment".

Let alone 2 short-arsed twits feeble attempts at humour.
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

I barely watch TV any more, there are a few good programs on but most of it is utter c**p.
As for (so called) reality TV, don't get me started...………….
Mind you if you expect anything other than a left wing bias from the OTTPC BBC these days, then you will be disappointed.
Do they really think we don't spot the subtle bias and 'right on' subtle indoctrination in the content of the shows on there??
Even the historical series they produce these days have to contain it, regardless of whether or not it reflects the real attitudes of the time said dramas are set in, for example, the recently finished 'World on Fire'.
How they dare expect a license fee off us I don't know, it should be scrapped and the BBC re-organised (or scrapped with it).
The majority of what I do watch is not on BBC1 anymore!
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

POMMReg wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:04 pm Depresses me that ANYONE can class celebs eating or killing insects as "entertainment".

Let alone 2 short-arsed twits feeble attempts at humour.
The eating of live insects has been discontinued, people power and the intervention of animal charities and certain well balanced people.
It must be remembered a lot of these ‘celebs’ haven’t got the capacity to consider right from wrong, let alone think things through.
Mind you, they can still roll around on things leaving them dead or half dead.

Banned User
Minor Fan

Post by Banned User »

les wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:15 pm Mind you, they can still roll around on things leaving them dead or half dead.
Or splat them on your Minor windscreen :D
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

At least that’s a quick death. Incidentally have you noticed in recent years, the days when a decent car journey left windscreens covered in dead flies etc, are no more? Another example of our relentless drive to exterminate life.

Banned User
Minor Fan

Post by Banned User »

Absolutely, 20 years ago you'd have a full fly mortuary on your windscreen after a decent journey.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Some may say the windscreen thing is a silly point but sitting quietly with ones own thoughts, if we can wipe out flies in such numbers, I think all but the most shallow of people would be hard pressed to deny we’re doing something wrong. I won’t mention the RainForests.——— now where were we? Oh yes Strictly!

geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

les wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:46 pm At least that’s a quick death. Incidentally have you noticed in recent years, the days when a decent car journey left windscreens covered in dead flies etc, are no more? Another example of our relentless drive to exterminate life.
Seems the German Government is really concerned about insect life.....
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/leaf-blowers- ... 39799.html
Leaf blowers contributing to ‘insect armageddon’ and should be avoided, German government warns

:o
Basil the 1955 series II

Banned User
Minor Fan

Post by Banned User »

Leaf blowers, lol. I’m not taking things seriously until patio heaters are banned.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

That link, certainly highlights the issue and consequences.

SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

We’ve had a bumper year for insects in the garden this year...good and less good.
Not too happy to see hornets getting this far north.
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Some may say the windscreen thing is a silly point but sitting quietly with ones own thoughts, if we can wipe out flies in such numbers, I think all but the most shallow of people would be hard pressed to deny we’re doing something wrong. I won’t mention the RainForests.
Completely agree with you on this one...... (give you a couple of minutes to pick yourself off the floor :lol: )..........
Insects equal pollination which is essential for life on this planet.
Rainforests absorb vast amounts of CO2, if they go again we're doomed.
Have to say the excuses for not protecting them coming out of that countries presidents mouth are a good and justifiable reason (for once) for America to invade, take over and protect them but as there's no oil / profit involved in protecting the Rainforests I don't see it happening.......
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)