Euphemisms

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Murrayminor
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Euphemisms

Post by Murrayminor »

SteveClem wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:51 pm I imagine,if she’s a half decent person, that she is probably suffering anyway. But she should come back and face the music,voluntarily. Tragic for all involved.
She didn't look to be suffering in any way whilst filling her vehicle up in America in this morning's press.
As she killed someone whilst using a vehicle she shouldn't be driving for a long time even if she does live in the States.
I have deal with numerous families who have lost loved ones in RTC's and cannot imagine how they feel seeing the person responsible for their son's death going about her daily business care free.
Proud owner of my first Morris Minor
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

Saw that, not a good look :cry:
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

She's got away with it and she knows it! :evil:
It's a total disgrace, I don't care what she's involved it politically or CIA-wise, our police aren't going to question her about that side of her life anyway, no-one, whoever they are, whatever their prior diplomatic status, should be allowed to get away with taking an innocent life.
She should be dragged back here and given a prison sentence!
And then made to serve it!

Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

Another euphemism has occurred to me; Silly Useless Vehicle.
Myrtles Man
Minor Legend

Post by Myrtles Man »

Or, maybe, 'Singularly Unappealing Vehicle'... :wink:
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

Sometimes Useful Vehicle?
Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

Not sure when :-? . They seem bulbous, relative to interior space and have the disadvantages of a high ground clearance, without the advantages (Such as those possessed by the Land Rover Series/Defender). To my mind neither sporting nor utility. In their day, I think the Reliant Scimitar GTE hit the nail on the head and perhaps the MGB GT.