Disgusting behavour by Jeremy Clarkson

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Disgusting behavour by Jeremy Clarkson

Post by Admin »

I've moved this to 'off topic' which I'm assuming is where the original poster meant to put it anyway to be fair. I'm pleased to see that even with polarised opinions we're all still able to keep things civilised :lol: .
By the way, I'm massively anti fox-hunting, but then, as someone would shrilly point out, my personal opinions are an elephant, or something like that
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
ampwhu
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Post by ampwhu »

Where have I said I am in favour of animal cruelty? I am a dog owner.

I once saw a scrote kick his dog over the park because it wouldn't do as it was told. I went over and kicked the fool in the shins as hard as I could. I told him if I saw him do it again, it would be more than a kick.

Are we confused here between cruelty to pets or vermin? Foxes aren't pets. Do you keep one as a pet? They are manky disease carrying vermin. If you dont control them along with rats and pidgeon, you will end up with another plague. We have all read about 1665 and all that...
Banned User
Minor Fan

Post by Banned User »

ampwhu wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:11 pm

Are we confused here between cruelty to pets or vermin? Foxes aren't pets. Do you keep one as a pet?
I don't keep a dog or fox as a pet, but I wouldn't be cruel to either of them, equally, I wouldn't have an issue with either being destroyed (if necessary) in a humane manner.
Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

stuffedpike20 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:16 am I hate .......cyclists on the pavements, but I would not mention that on here.
Oops, just did!
They aren't cyclists, they're seated pedestrians :wink: . There are some pavements, that are designated as cyclepaths and most cyclepaths double up as footpaths. That's because the people, who design them, assume that everyone is as unfit as they are themselves and that because they can't make a bike to much over 10mph, neither can anyone else. The same mentality has clearly been behind making it legal to cycle the wrong way up a one way street.

If I were to design a cyclepath, it would be a narrower version of a two lane road (Say about half the width) and if there was to be a footpath, it would take the form of a separate pavement. Wherever you mix pedestrians with cyclists, cyclists with motorists or any other mix, you often find that conflict results. That's generally due to ignorance, arrogance and stupidity. Such things don't derive from the activity, rather from the species.

As to Clarkson, in my view he ruined Top Gear and so far as I am aware, it ceased to be a motoring programme a long time ago (Is he still a presenter?). He can come out with the odd witticism but, for me, he would be a reason to turn off the TV, rather than switch in on (Mind you mine only works with VHS and DVD). Clearly there is an appetite for what he does and I am sure he has a lot more money than I will ever see. Who's fault is that, his or the fans?
stuffedpike20
Minor Addict

Post by stuffedpike20 »

Blaketon wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:58 pm
stuffedpike20 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:16 am I hate .......cyclists on the pavements, but I would not mention that on here.
Oops, just did!
They aren't cyclists, they're seated pedestrians :wink: . There are some pavements, that are designated as cyclepaths and most cyclepaths double up as footpaths. That's because the people, who design them, assume that everyone is as unfit as they are themselves and that because they can't make a bike to much over 10mph, neither can anyone else. The same mentality has clearly been behind making it legal to cycle the wrong way up a one way street.

If I were to design a cyclepath, it would be a narrower version of a two lane road (Say about half the width) and if there was to be a footpath, it would take the form of a separate pavement. Wherever you mix pedestrians with cyclists, cyclists with motorists or any other mix, you often find that conflict results. That's generally due to ignorance, arrogance and stupidity. Such things don't derive from the activity, rather from the species.

As to Clarkson, in my view he ruined Top Gear and so far as I am aware, it ceased to be a motoring programme a long time ago (Is he still a presenter?). He can come out with the odd witticism but, for me, he would be a reason to turn off the TV, rather than switch in on (Mind you mine only works with VHS and DVD). Clearly there is an appetite for what he does and I am sure he has a lot more money than I will ever see. Who's fault is that, his or the fans?
I believe cycling on the pavement was made an offence in 1835. Section 72 of the Highways Act.
Things are about to get worse for pedestrians with E scooters allowed all over the pavements too.