Ebay fakers

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
cococola
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Ebay fakers

Post by cococola »

What is it with Ebay these days?....I sell items on their website and I have had about half a dozen or so, odd bids over the last couple of months where a bid is placed and won by the bidder. I send an invoice and hear no more from them.
I open a case against the bidder and then I can relist my item once Ebay clear this after about 4 days.
I dont understand why they bid as its not as though the bidder can get any of my personal information, presuming they are scammers or do I miss something? :evil:
Morris Minors..... such fun :D
les
Minor Maniac

Re: Ebay fakers

Post by les »

That’s a coincidence, I had a bid last week on an item and heard nothing from the buyer, or had payment. I’ve tried to contact the buyer but had no response.

cococola
Minor Fan

Post by cococola »

After posting this message Les Ive had another one again since. Ebay do nothing about it aswell.
alanworland
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by alanworland »

I've had the same, mindless people with nothing better to do.
When I relist the item I include their name and describe them as a time waster, don't solve the problem just makes me feel better!

Alan
Murrayminor
Minor Addict

Post by Murrayminor »

I advertised two vehicles for sale a while back on behalf of a friend, I had more issues with stupid questions than anything else, one guy even came to view the vehicle, and when he got there he said he didn't realise it was a van!!
Proud owner of my first Morris Minor
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I’ve not yet heard back from ebay, how long is it usual to wait before being able to re list?

Sleeper
Minor Legend
Location: Manchester ( Damp and Miserable ) and that's just the wife...

Post by Sleeper »

.. and what riles me is that you can give them no less than positive feedback.....

John ;-)
Murrayminor
Minor Addict

Post by Murrayminor »

les wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:22 am I’ve not yet heard back from ebay, how long is it usual to wait before being able to re list?
Its usually only a few days.
Proud owner of my first Morris Minor
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Ok thanks, thought I might have been given advice from ebay by now, my listing ended on the 11th, I notified them on the 14th I believe.

cococola
Minor Fan

Post by cococola »

Sleeper wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:29 am .. and what riles me is that you can give them no less than positive feedback.....

I had a recent time-waster that I had to reduce a price on a pair of mg vents for him.I ended up getting a neutral feedback from him complaining about postage costs! As a result ,I left him positive feedback with a message "difficult to deal with" :D
I tend to block difficult/messers on my eBay block list which helps.