Minor with CAT fitted

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Minor with CAT fitted

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
Just wondered if anyone else has a CAT fitted to their Minor......... :lol: :wink:
Best wishes,
Mike.
Moggy with inbuilt CAT.jpg
Moggy with inbuilt CAT.jpg (1.32 MiB) Viewed 2209 times
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
pgp001
Minor Addict

Re: Minor with CAT fitted

Post by pgp001 »

It's a proper "Moggy" now :D
Phil
Myrtles Man
Minor Legend

Post by Myrtles Man »

Are you going to get the exhaust ports siamesed too?
ianmack
Minor Addict

Post by ianmack »

No moggy is complete without one.
Attachments
7C3CE5A1-C22C-4831-BB8D-7EB4DFB3CB9F.jpeg
7C3CE5A1-C22C-4831-BB8D-7EB4DFB3CB9F.jpeg (1.27 MiB) Viewed 2204 times
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

No moggy is complete without one.
Is Ginger Tom the owner / head of your household? His expression says he is! :wink:
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
ianmack
Minor Addict

Post by ianmack »

Yes, no one messes with Mister Pussycat! We had an old Labrador until last year but he was the boss. :D
stuffedpike20
Minor Addict

Post by stuffedpike20 »

According to Springwatch, the domestic cat is the biggest killer of Kingfishers in the UK.
There could soon be calls for domestic cats to be on leads when outside the house because of all of the wild birds that they kill.
Funny old World. Birdwatchers seem to rule it.
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

There has been a large increase in the numbers of cats being kept as pets in this country, at one point they rivalled dogs.
IMO this is because, despite opinions to the contrary, they are extremely companionable and loving pets. Of course they are also easier to look after, as, in truth, they are still semi-wild.
And therein lies the rub. It is in their nature to hunt and yes, sadly, kill smaller wild animals.
Though some cats will take to a lead, it goes against their instinct and most will not.
In which case it would be cruelty to force it upon them.
So what do they propose? Putting all domestic pet cats down if they refuse to accept a lead?
Fining owners, whose cats are out without one.
Imprisoning said owners, when they are inevitably told to 'get stuffed!' :lol:
There would be public uproar on a massive scale.

I also note that there are certain wildlife presenters, like Bill Oddie, who love birds (which is fine, I do too) but hate cats.
So I am left wondering if there is a certain bias / prejudice at work here.

Also as an aside, sadly there are certain dogs owners, one was in the news a few months back, who actively teach / encourage their dogs to attack and kill cats and then, in some cases, film it and laugh / boast about it.

Cats and dogs can live perfectly happily together.
It is certain humans that need putting down for the good of society / the planet.
Best wishes,
Mike.
ianmack
Minor Addict

Post by ianmack »

The domestic cat is quite likely the biggest killer of Kingfishers. Bearing in mind how many species prey on Kingfishers and what their numbers are it is only to be expected. A slightly bogus use of statistics in my view.

I’m not sure if the cat control lobby have any understanding of cat behaviour. Mine goes out of the window when the mood takes him, I’d have to turn the house into a fortress. Would the controllers change their tune if all the cats were locked securely out of harms way and their homes were swarming with mice?
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

For what it's worth, I can't stand Cats as they are not 'domestic' animals, they are wild creatures that play humans for their attention.

Over the years I've know of a few cats that unbeknown to their humans, had several concurrent owners who were putting food out for them.

I've had neighbour's cats (and I use the term loosely as I've no idea which household they frequent most) come wandering into our house because the back door was open. I was surprised one summer to come out of the lounge and have a cat come flying down the stairs beside me and out through the kitchen and the back door....

There appear to be several cats that use our garden as their toilet while passing on their travels.

I've often considered the concept of ringing our lawn with a water system somewhat similar to a Jetliner aircraft wash, so I can catch one in the act on our lawn and drench it from all directions simultaneously.... :evil:

Our local cats aren't even any good at catching wild birds; we're overrun with crows and pigeons this year that frequent the TV aerials, roofs and fence tops, leaving significant piles of guano below their regular perch choices....

MIke's image makes it look as though his cat is about to spray it's mark on the bulkhead.... :roll:
Basil the 1955 series II

jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

There appear to be several cats that use our garden as their toilet while passing on their travels.
To pick up on that point there are still, plenty of dog owners that continue to allow their dogs to foul public foot paths and grass areas, whether on a lead or off, who then ignore what their dog has done and walk off without clearing it up.
Leaving it for some unfortunate adult to step in or a child to fall in!

As to the rest of it, I'm going to refrain from commenting........

Ironically, this was originally meant to be a pleasant diversion, not a cats v dogs argument, which, as I said above, there is no need for anyway, it's not the animals themselves that are the problem in our society.
They can co-exist........

Best wishes,
Mike.
stuffedpike20
Minor Addict

Post by stuffedpike20 »

There is a question here of where the power lies.
The birding lobby, and some conservation groups seem to have a lot of power.
Nobody asked me if I wanted to see the reintroduction of Beavers in the UK; or White Storks or Sea Eagles.
Why can't we vote on such things as if we live in a democracy? Why are conservation groups allowed to make 'executive decisions'?
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I’m all for conservation, we’ve abused and wiped out enough life forms. The current virus is a pertinent example of what happens when inflicting animals to abuse and stress.. Of course not many want so go near that one!

geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

It's been interesting to see how a slightly comical 'Cat Picture' developed into something quite tangential.

I've never understood the internet fascination with watching cat videos either.... :roll:
:lol: :lol:
Basil the 1955 series II

les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

One thing leads to another, as they say!

jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

One thing leads to another, as they say!
Was that a pun, being some want to put our cats on one.....?? :wink:

By the way Sandy is a girl, she doesn't spray like undoctored toms do.
So thankfully no 'scented' spots on the bulkhead.....
She is a people cat though, maybe I should bring her to the National......

Best wishes,
Mike.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Not an intentional pun but it would fit. Cats on leads I think not, Nature can be cruel through predator and pray, it’s the intentional cruelty I object to. I can think of some human animals I’d like to put on a lead though!

simmitc

Post by simmitc »

Picking up on MIke's point "this was originally meant to be a pleasant diversion", I couldn't agree more, and think that we do need some light relief now and then. In that line...

It's amazing how all these different Moggies have attracted ginger pussies
G1.jpg
G1.jpg (83.03 KiB) Viewed 2021 times
And here's one basking in the morning glory of sunshine
G2.jpg
G2.jpg (17.63 KiB) Viewed 2021 times
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

It's amazing how all these different Moggies have attracted ginger pussies
There's nowt wrong with a ginger pussy............. :wink:
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

One thing that I’ve learned in my moderately long life is never get into an argument about politics, religion or,most importantly, cats versus dogs 🐕.