Toyota Hi Lux Based 4x4 Minor. AnybodyKnow it?

Custom & Modified Register: for those with Modifed Minors and/or more radical Customised cars.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Innovator
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Toyota Hi Lux Based 4x4 Minor. AnybodyKnow it?

Post by Innovator »

We are trying to trace the owner of a Toyota Hi Lux based Minor pickup (??) with lots of custom wood that was at the National Rally at Kelmarsh Hall in about 2007.

Anybody know of this vehicle and who the owner is?

We gave out a custom trophy that was supposed to be returned every year but have not seen it since.
LouiseM

Re: Toyota Hi Lux Based 4x4 Minor. AnybodyKnow it?

Post by LouiseM »

The rally report in Minor Matters shows the owner as Glyn Griffiths, Conway (Reg:AKV 52A). Have you contacted the Club office? If he is still a club member they will hold his details and although these couldn't be provided to you due to data protection they could perhaps contact him to let him know that you are trying to get in touch? Might be worth a try.

Eric - 1971 Traveller
Innovator
Minor Fan

Post by Innovator »

Thank you Louise. I will pass on the details to Rosie H. who I know was trying to find him.

John
Innovator
Minor Fan

Post by Innovator »

A quick search of the reg number came up with this ...... http://www.custommod.mmoc.org.uk/national.htm
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

Well at least you know what he looks like. Maybe a few 'Wanted' posters at the National would help! :D

Eric - 1971 Traveller
bpr81a
Minor Legend

Post by bpr81a »

And this is the minor:[frame]Image[/frame]

Jon Rocke
Innovator
Minor Fan

Post by Innovator »

And there is my Dad in the right of the picture.
Mungrelmog

Post by Mungrelmog »

Hi, I'm the owner Glyn Griffiths. My sincere apologies, I did not realise the trophy should be returned. I was intending to return the following years, but due to work and other problems have not been able to make it. we have every intention of attending this year, but please send a return address just in case.

g.griffiths@compcare-air.co.uk
Best Regards
Glyn
charlie_morris_minor
Minor Legend

Post by charlie_morris_minor »

hi glyn

thanks for getting in touch.. I am the current registrar of the custom and modified minors and it would be great to have the trophy back. when I took over i was asked to get in touch with the previous winners to retrieve the trophy and my first question was.. had they been asked/told that the trophy was only for a year and should be returned? no one was able to answer the question so i did not pursue it.

if you are prepared to return the trophy that would be wonderful, you have an email with my address and the last 2 newsletters, just in case you are interested in joining up again. As I understand things this year there will be no judging of any kind at the national this year as it is not just moggies. So there is no desperate need to get it back to me quickly, so keep hold of it and bring it to the national and save on postage.. if you do not make it this year well it does not matter you can always post it after the show in readiness for next year.