New guy Ford Engine

Custom & Modified Register: for those with Modifed Minors and/or more radical Customised cars.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Alex Gibson
MMOC Member: No

New guy Ford Engine

Post by Alex Gibson »

Hi,

I am new to the Minor seen so bare with me if this has been spoken about before!

I am looking to buy a 2 door or a traveler soon, but it needs to be much more powerful and be a bit more modern both for daily driving but also for towing my hill climb car.

I was thinking of a modern 2.0 twin cam ford engine and box (iam open to suggestion's)

Does anyone do fitting kits, I am sure someone must have done this before?

Thanks,

Alex
dalebrignall
Minor Legend

Re: New guy Ford Engine

Post by dalebrignall »

get in touch with johanthan heap at jlh morris minors , have a look on google
[sig]5641[/sig]
Oddball67
Minor Friendly

Post by Oddball67 »

I know of a K-Series Traveller that's been fully restored by JLH, has all the modifications that you'd require and is priced at £20k

It's may seem a lot but is very good value as you wouldn't be able to build it for this price and to this standard.
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by les »

I'll stick my neck out here, reading your specification. The logical answer would be ----- buy something much more powerful and more modern. :D

Alex Gibson

Post by Alex Gibson »

les wrote:I'll stick my neck out here, reading your specification. The logical answer would be ----- buy something much more powerful and more modern. :D
Yes that would be an easy answer, but I hate modern cars!
So putting an up to date engine/box in an old car gives me the best of both worlds!
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Fair enough.

plastic_orange
Minor Legend

Post by plastic_orange »

Have a look at the modified section here:
http://www.morrisminorowners.co.uk/inde ... f349b33aba

You'll find plenty ideas to suit you i'm sure. There are plenty Zetec minors out there from the pro built to the gifted amateur, and only your wallet will hold you back. I do know of 1 zetec minor that has cost the owner around £40k so far, but a diy version could be had considerably cheaper.
I prefer my Minor with more cylinders though.

Pete
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/sinky_aps/4e634210.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/sinky_aps/MorrisRain4.jpg[/img]
Oddball67
Minor Friendly

Post by Oddball67 »

So this £20k Fully Restored and Modified Traveller is a bargain... :D
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

Will a Minor be heavy enough to comply with the Maximum Authorised Mass (MAM) requirements/regulations and other towing requirements
I do not know what hill climb car you are running but when the MAM regulations came out I decided it would be a good thing to get a heavier tow car as the powers that be were looking very carefully at the tow cars entering and leaving events. I have a Brian James single axle clubman trailer for moving my hill climb / comp Minor around and that is quite heavy on its own and I would not want to tow that even empty behind a Minor even with a bigger engine.
Phil

Alex Gibson

Post by Alex Gibson »

philthehill wrote:Will a Minor be heavy enough to comply with the Maximum Authorised Mass (MAM) requirements/regulations and other towing requirements
I do not know what hill climb car you are running but when the MAM regulations came out I decided it would be a good thing to get a heavier tow car as the powers that be were looking very carefully at the tow cars entering and leaving events. I have a Brian James single axle clubman trailer for moving my hill climb / comp Minor around and that is quite heavy on its own and I would not want to tow that behind a Minor even with a bigger engine.
Phil
I didn't know about the MAM regulations! That could put the kibosh on it!!
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »