This section is to post information for individual MMOC branches
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
DAVIDMCCULLOUGH
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Norhern Ireland Easter Monday Run

Post by DAVIDMCCULLOUGH »

We had a great day out yeterday! Fine weather and great venues. We started off at the Down Royal Golf course were we had cooked breakfast. After some time to look around and catch up with folk not seen since the rallies last year 49 cars and about 105 poeple moved off in convoy with marshalls directing the way to Oxford Island Nature reserve just outside Lurgan.
At Oxford Island we had a couple of hours to relax and have our picnic lunches and go for a walk or blether about the cars. I think I counted 25 minors, a respectable number! The other vehicles ranged from a 1953 Alvis to the newest being a 1983 Merc.<br>Image<br>
After this we headed off again through Moira, Magherlin, Donalconey, Banbridge and to our final destination of the Anglers Rest in Katebridge Co Down were we had evening meal.
As usual the food was excellent! we had our normal raffle with the top prize being a fully kitted out tool chest. Its become traditional for the Ladies of the club to have an Easter bonnet competition on this event and 10 Ladies entered, my Mum was the winner this year! All Ladies who took part got a box of chocolates.<br>Image<br><br>Image<br><br>Image<br>
All the drivers received a finishers award of a wind up torch, very handy!! I really dont know how Trevor our Treasurer can provide all of this for £20 per person. All in all a great day out and an excellent start to the season. Looking foward to Bangor on 25th April :D

Too many Minors so little time.....
stevey
Minor Legend

Post by stevey »

was a good day so it was.

stevey
Minor Legend

Post by stevey »

heres the dinner place great feed!!!<br>Image<br>

kjm