Work on van

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
morris van
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Work on van

Postby morris van » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:30 pm

I'm having work done on my 1971 Morris 1000 van. It went in to have some chassis work done and new rear wheel arches back in the beginning of February then the garage had to shut because of lockdown. I rang him about three weeks ago as my nephew had seen parked outside as he wanted work done on is MG and said still waiting for panels and he could not get them as out of stock. I went there today and its still parked outside looking now very scruffy and he still said he cannot get the panels so I said leave it with me and within 10 mins of me getting home I found a company that had got the panels so he hopefully should get it done.

les
Minor Maniac

Re: Work on van

Postby les » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:28 pm

Sounds like he could have done what you have just done. Not very encouraging after five or so months, let’s hope his work is better than his resourcefulness.

morris van
Minor Legend

Postby morris van » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:59 pm

The company that I called is the one the one restorer rang said they didn't have panels the when I spoke to them checked and they had. I will wait a few days and see what happens. The trouble is I used the van a couple of times a week for my work and I am using my dads old car which is now mine as he passed away in March but I will soon want to get rid of but cannot until I get my van back. :x

stuffedpike20
Minor Fan

Postby stuffedpike20 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:53 pm

Sorry for your loss morris van.

les
Minor Maniac

Postby les » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:19 pm

Yes, my sympathies too.

morris van
Minor Legend

Postby morris van » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:51 pm

I spoke to the classic car restorer who has my van and he has at last got the panels to finish my van. Keeping every crossed I can get back to using my van as I want to sell my dads car as it now has new MOT.