Pick up Restoration (Part 1)

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
davidmiles
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by davidmiles »

That door was totally nackered, so off it came. I'm starting to see the picture more clearly now, with so much metal gone, Its clearer what's rusted away.<br>Image<br>
leyther8008
Minor Fan

Post by leyther8008 »

I know nothing about the gun! however I can assure you that standard wings will fit, along with 4 door sallon front doors, 2 door ones are too long, most other parts fit as well although you need specific van floor repair panels as the cill structure is different to cars. I take it your getting a new chassis?
I'll see you on the otherside'!
davidmiles
Minor Legend

Post by davidmiles »

Oh yes, I'll be looking for a replacement chassis this summer, and loads of other bits, here comes summer and auto jumble time!
smile, you never know, you might be winning.[IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/2ro3j37.jpg[/IMG]
Matt
Minor Legend

Post by Matt »

I know I have 2 drivers side wings in repairable condition, but one of them is sitting outside :(

If I dont get them to you soonish I will forget and probably use them to repair other things or sell them!
Serial Morris Minor Owner and Old Vehicle Nutter
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics
davidmiles
Minor Legend

Post by davidmiles »

Ok matt understood, when are you next in SUSSEX, maybe we could arrange a meet up and I could give them a good home.
smile, you never know, you might be winning.[IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/2ro3j37.jpg[/IMG]
davidmiles
Minor Legend

Post by davidmiles »

Here's a shot that just goes to show, I've got a weldathon this year<br>Image<br>
bigginger
Minor Maniac

Post by bigginger »

davidmiles wrote: Can anyone reasure me that wings and doors of pickups are standard, same as the saloon/traveller?
Wings are, doors very definitely aren't the same as the Trav - different size. Four door saloon ones are different only in small details, like the way the inside strap is fitted.
Matt
Minor Legend

Post by Matt »

Next coming through on the 21st, and then almost weekly on weds and friday afternoons
davidmiles
Minor Legend

Post by davidmiles »

Matt, your're a very kind human being, can we leave it. My shedule for the next couple of months is mad. Thanks for the offer mate, please don't be offended.
davidmiles
Minor Legend

Post by davidmiles »

today more nuckle scraping and the cab rear panel came free.<br>Image<br>
Dean
Minor Legend

Post by Dean »

Have you done this before David? You don't appear to be a novice at this sort of thing. Your progress is amazing.
My Minor:
A Clarendon Grey 1953 4 Door Series II.
MMOC - 66535

ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

I know it sounds silly but it's looking better already :D Perhaps it's just that it's not bogged down in undergrowth. From your posts it sounds like you're really enjoying this!

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
toginthemog
Minor Fan

Post by toginthemog »

I think this guys on something he,s on a charge theres no stoping him whatever your on bottle it and put some on this site for sale LOL
[sig]8906[/sig]
davidmiles
Minor Legend

Post by davidmiles »

Well thank you, both of you, Its my first ever restoration. It's something Ive always wanted to do, I did do a BSA C11 motorbike a couple of years back. All that needed doing was strip re-paint and re- wire. nothing like this. Ive been an armchair restorer for so long, I've got all the books, so I had to get involved. This moggie pickup was crying out to be saved.
davidmiles
Minor Legend

Post by davidmiles »

Tog, I wish I was on something, I ache. Still ,day off from shift work today, I can spend some time in the sun when the car's wrapped up, and the drive's swept of rust, and the tools are away, and the scrap chassis parts are taken to the council tip........
davidmiles
Minor Legend

Post by davidmiles »

It's one of those Morris Garages<br>Image<br>
Matt
Minor Legend

Post by Matt »

No worries David. Give me a shout sometime in the future and if I havent done something with the wings they are yours
davidmiles
Minor Legend

Post by davidmiles »

you sir are a total gent. Thanks Matt.
One thing Ive really enjoyed since I started this is the amazing support and help I've had from everyone, Its great and I'll continue to keep you all posted about my progress with lots of pictures, (cos I know Tog likes pictures) on this thread.
stevey
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by stevey »

great work, keep up the progress!!!!!!

davidmiles
Minor Legend

Post by davidmiles »

scratch one fuel tank, I think something once lived in here, when I stripped it off the car today some "strangely brown" mud came out onto my nice clean driveway. the picture shows it being stripped of the chassis support strips, Unsure if they come with a new chassis, kept them as a pattern just in case they don't.<br>Image<br>