George!!!

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
ASL642
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: No

Re: George!!!

Post by ASL642 »

Always sensible to get the chassis/structure sound. The cosmetics can wait. It's amazing what a bucket of warm soapy water and something like Cif/Mr Muscle can do to the interior. Good idea to get new safety belts, and certainly the brake servo will help "knees of a certain age"! :D If you contact the local branch (details in other post) someone may know of a Minor friendly garage a little nearer to you than Tim Lang.

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
scotwood59
Minor Friendly

Post by scotwood59 »

[quote="ASL642"]It's amazing what a bucket of warm soapy water and something like Cif/Mr Muscle can do to the interior. /quote]

OOOH I will have to get the marigolds out!!! :lol: :lol:
George
loosewheels
Minor Friendly

Post by loosewheels »

Chassis legs appear on ebay from time to time, I managed to buy one for £46 in April, it was unused. New these cost about £100 plus VAT, floor pans also come up , if you have the time to wait for the parts, it can save you money.
I notice from your photo's the heater pipe, (metal one) that goes above the spark plugs, is on the wrong side, there is no problem with this, it just means it would be an extra item to remove should the thermostat need replacing,it should go above the manifold, (exhaust side).
scotwood59
Minor Friendly

Post by scotwood59 »

I will have to go and look at my heater pipe!

I am not completely familiar with all the bits and pieces in the engine bay yet. Working on it though, I will have to have a look. Thank you for pointing it out.

I am surprised no one else has noticed :lol: :lol:
George
Rasputin
Minor Fan

Post by Rasputin »

I have had a few Morris minors over the years and I have only ever seen the heater pipe on the spark plug side :-?
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

Me too. The heater pipe is definately in the right place for a '68 Minor :D

Eric - 1971 Traveller
scotwood59
Minor Friendly

Post by scotwood59 »

Phew!!

I thought poor George was a misfit or something! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I went to a car boot sale today to see if I could pick up some tools. I took my list of spanners I found on this website and proceeded to search. Then I met my stepmother who said that she had 2 toolboxes full of my Dad's tools in her garage. I thought my brothers had taken them as they both have classic cars (a 1939 Rover 16 and a 1960s Rover).

Lo and behold! The first spanner I saw was a 7/16 Whitworth. Woohoo, I am going to sift through them and see what is what. (I think I saw a gap measure for tappets?) Hopefully I can find all the spanners etc I need. Perhaps my brothers won't need the same sizes as me!!!

I did however, pick up a small table vice for £1.50 at the car boot. Now all I need is a table to attach it to!!! :lol: :lol:
George
Arthurdaily
Minor Addict

Post by Arthurdaily »

Any updates on how your restoration / upkeeping is going? It has been enjoyable reading :D
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

The last post from Scotwood59 was just before she set off for the National rally. Nothing since, so I hope there wasn't any problems and George made it there and back OK.

Eric - 1971 Traveller