Restoration Project 1952 4 d Saloon in Finland

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
jvickholm
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Re: Restoration Project 1952 4 d Saloon in Finland

Post by jvickholm »

Tamsin wrote: 998 Mini, prob 1978

2 Door Saloon, Delux, Round nose (not clubman), Manufactured in Longbridge....

: 8)
Yeap, that's it. I'm really looking forward to get my hands on this car, once it's ready, we have 2 Minor, 2 Minis and Morris Mailer 1300. Plus Fiat 850 Sports coupe and Renault 10. That's one classic car for every day. :)
If you wanna run cool, you got run on heavy, heavy fuel..
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

And the Mini probably has a dark tan interior. I think the colour was called "Bracken" 1975. I had a Clubman :D

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
jvickholm
Minor Friendly

Post by jvickholm »

A lot has happened since the last update.. Here's some update:

The dashboard is quite ready, only the glovebox is missing and ashtray in the center of dashboard. And as you can see, the seats are also in place.
[frame]Image[/frame]

Here's the backseat: [frame]Image[/frame]

And the front seats: [frame]Image[/frame]
Front seats look old and it was meant to. They are surprisingly comfortable to sit. :)

The engine bay is ready: [frame]Image[/frame]

Some panels are missing from the cabin and dashboard needs some work, but after those, it's time to put some gasoline in the tank and run a test drive. :)
Fingolfin
Minor Legend

Post by Fingolfin »

Those seats are wrong for the '52 Minor -- what you want are more "buckety". Those are later Minor seats. But the bucket ones from MMs are very hard to find, so perhaps you're better off keeping the current ones. :lol:
The way to a man's heart may be making food, but the way to my heart is buying me car parts!
Come read about my Minor at An American Moggie.

TvdWerf
Minor Addict

Post by TvdWerf »

MM '51 LHD sidevalve
jvickholm
Minor Friendly

Post by jvickholm »

Fingolfin wrote:Those seats are wrong for the '52 Minor -- what you want are more "buckety". Those are later Minor seats. But the bucket ones from MMs are very hard to find, so perhaps you're better off keeping the current ones. :lol:
Yes, you're right, those seats are from -62 Minor. We decided to put those on, because we currently have only one good original seat frame. If we manage to find another original frame (which, as you said, are hard to find), we will change the seats.
TvdWerf wrote:Some seats are available, see:
http://www.mmoc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=44037
Interesting.. thanks for the tip! :)

Our Finnish Flash is almost ready, glove box needs liner, sun visors and rear view mirror needs fixing. And, of course, after that starts the finishing, waxing and polishing. :)
whyperion
Minor Fan

Post by whyperion »

Have a look at the seat frame on my free giveaway ad , is that the correct type. Surface mail postage to Finland for heavy metal might be a bit high
jvickholm
Minor Friendly

Post by jvickholm »

Hi to all!

Time to end the "radio silence" now that we almost have spring in Finland. :) Still some 15 cm of snow in front of garage doors blocking the way, so our car have to wait it's first run.

But some good news still, engine and battery survived well over the winter. Engine is running smoothly and everything is working well. Our car had it's museum inspection last week and it passed easily only with some remarks.
jvickholm
Minor Friendly

Post by jvickholm »

Main brake sylinder broke down, luckily the car was in the carage when we found that out. Taking into account the fact that the cylinder was more than 60 years old, that wasn't a really big surprise. Sylinder was the last original part in the brake system. Just ordered a new one from ESM with new washers and connectors etc.