1969 Pick up

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Keith 66
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

1969 Pick up

Post by Keith 66 »

I bought my moggie pick up back in 88, it was a little rusty & got a full rebuild including henrics chassis, floor pan & a lot more.
Its probably easier to list what wasnt replaced! The truck served my boatbuilding buisness years or so until it was laid up 7 years ago due to a severe windscreen rubber leak plus other niggles.
I have many times felt guilty about it sitting under its tarp.
My son is almost 18 & learning to drive, so we thought time to resurect the old girl!
Took the tarps of couple of days ago & it looked awful, covered in filth & snail poo. However a few buckets of soapy water & it didnt look so bad. Pulled the spark plugs & shot some oil down the bores & have left it to soak down.
Pumped up 2 flat tyres & let the handbrake off & much to my amazement the brakes were not seized. When i rebuilt it i used Dot 5 Silicone brake fluid and its been brilliant, I somehow think they would have been seized solid if i had used ordinary fluid.
Now got a long list of bits to buy & stuff to do!
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: 1969 Pick up

Post by les »

Put the plugs back in, then it will start! I agree with your comments on the silicon fluid, some of the dinosaurs on here poo poo it but things move on, my pick-up has used it for 14 years with periods laid up and so far all cylinders fine.

orb596
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by orb596 »

Would be good to see some pictures of the old girl.
Laurie Blewer
MMOC member since 1986
Dorset Branch Secretary for ever!!!!
irmscher
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by irmscher »

Any pictures yet :)