71 Traveller project

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
johnandcas
MMOC Member: No

71 Traveller project

Post by johnandcas »

Hi All

We have just purchased our very first Minor - its an old English white one owner from new Traveller. We are hoping to get her back on the road shortly so we can have fun for the summer - we will take her off again in the autumn for a total respray and rebuild. We want to replace the carpets straightaway, can anybody recommend anywhere to get them ? Will need lots of bits later on, N/S door, rear doors, and lots of timber. Any help greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks
Johnandcas
Manic morris
Minor Friendly

Re: 71 Traveller project

Post by Manic morris »

Welcome mate
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

Welcome! Any Morris Minor Supplier will stock carpets. ESM, Tom Roy, Bull Motif, Birmingham Morris Minor Centre, Charles Ware to name but a few. If depends whereabouts you are in the country. You may be able to collects them as they are quite bulky and the postage will be high. Can I suggest you post your location?

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
johnandcas

Post by johnandcas »

Hi we are in sunny Sussex by the sea :D many thanks
minor65
Minor Addict

Post by minor65 »

I wouldn't use anywhere else but ESM (East Sussex Minors), unless they don't have in stock what I need, which isn't very often. They give free delivery to orders over £60 + vat (even to Northern Ireland) :D

johnandcas

Post by johnandcas »

Thanks will give them a look :D
davidmtr71
Minor Friendly

Post by davidmtr71 »

Hi and welcome, I have just finished my 71 traveller it was a complete stripdown I don't know how far you want to go with yours but please don't scrimp it will be well worth it in the end I replaced the woodwork completely as it was to far gone to save and I replaced the rear doors as well so that it was all matching but that is just me there are times when perhaps you wish you hadn't started but keep chipping away with bits and you will get there.

Good Luck David
Romek
Minor Friendly

Post by Romek »

Welcome! As above really, lots of choice for spares but I was really happy with the quality and value of the Woodies frame I bought last year. Support and advice was also second to none.

'69 Traveller project
LUR759H
Minor Fan

Post by LUR759H »

Hi Im Just wondering if you have any wooden sections left over from you restoration project...

Kind regards

Alan