Restoration of my first '68 Traveller

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Jeroen '65 kever
MMOC Member: No

Restoration of my first '68 Traveller

Post by Jeroen '65 kever »

Hello everybody,

first let me introduce myself. My name is Jeroen, 20 years old and i'm living in the Netherlands. I always loved old, classic cars and so after i passed for my driver license i bought a '65 VW bug. This was a car which was in a good state, but the previous owner didn't drive it a lot the one year he owned the car.

After the first summer the car has lost too many oil, so it was time to take out the engine and rebuild it. This al whithout any car or moped experience. After this the car was finished and i started to get bored, so it was time for sometging different!! A '68 Morris Minor 1000 Traveller in a verry poor state!! Work enough.

I hope/know you al like pictures, so i will place a lot of them! First my VW Bug (because i'm proud of it!)
[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
Image[frame]Image[/frame]

Now the pictures of my Morris Minor. First the pictures of how i bough it.

[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]

I've already did a lot of work, and also i've received a lot of new panels and of course the wood kit. Next time i will post some pictures of what i've done so far. Eventually i hope to achieve this. Can anyone tell me if this is an original colour? It look like almond green, but than a very light shade?
[frame]Image[/frame]
taupe
Minor Legend

Re: Restoration of my first '68 Traveller

Post by taupe »

Hi

I would think it is Lime Green?

Taupe
Jeroen '65 kever

Update 1 - Restoration of my first '68 Traveller

Post by Jeroen '65 kever »

like i said last time i should post an update. This week my Moggy is ready for the metal shop. I'm now painting the wood, because the one who is going to weld the car needs the wood as reference for the floor. I'm using the sikkens system and i'm very happy with the result!! As soon it's dry i will upload a picture of this. The wood looks very natural and has a very nice light colour.

The very naked body of the Morris[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]

And of course the heart of the Morris, the engine!![frame]Image[/frame]

I've also did a lot of work on the engine, to make it look better...
The radiator is revised (a new matrix is installed and everything is new coated)
[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]

The carb was a very big mess so it has got a treatment in the tumbler machine and it's also cleaned ultrasonic...before[frame]Image[/frame]
[frame]Image[/frame]

The tumbler machine....[frame]Image[/frame]

This is the end result...a pretty nice almost new carb (i've also revised it...)[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]

I've also cleaned/revised some other stuff...ignition coil, distributor, starter engine, etc....

[frame]Image[/frame]
Before....
[frame]Image[/frame]
After...[frame]Image[/frame]

Ready for a new coat of BMC green paint
[frame]Image[/frame]

For the inlet manifold i used heat resistant BBQ paint.....one problem, it gets hard at 180 degree for half an hour....solutions: Use the oven of your mom, wife or the neighbours :D[frame]Image[/frame]

I think this is everything i did so far....i've a lot op new parts received and afther that, this is what a studentsroom look like :oops: It's now twice as full i think[frame]Image[/frame]
Chipper
Minor Addict

Re: Restoration of my first '68 Traveller

Post by Chipper »

Good work. Like the BBQ paint idea. 8)
Maurice, E. Kent
(1970 Traveller)