Almond Green Traveller Restoration

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
taupe
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Almond Green Traveller Restoration

Post by taupe »

Hi

I’ve just acquired my latest project… an incomplete Almond Green De Luxe transitional traveller. It’s the opposite of my Rose Taupe traveller as it hardly needs any shell repairs despite being a year older..

It was found fully stripped down locally in need of rescue and without engine, gearbox or any rear timber/glass.
It is amazing underneath with virtually no rust and no welding repairs at all and plastered in oil and grease…the cross member has not started to de-laminate and even the jacking point areas look ok

The sills, door bottoms, A and B posts are really good and the whole car is in original paint..It looks like the previous owner was an old school engine oil pourer ….! :D

The plan is to do this one once my Taupe Traveller is completed…. In the meantime I’ll start collecting the parts needed.
I’ve done an initial assessment of the relatively few shell repairs required.. I know you all like Pics so…..

Underneath pics with some grease scraped off.

Areas requiring repair

Inside the sills !!!

Original floors are sound !!

This last pic shows some stress cracks found on the outside of Eyebolt mounting points....I had always assumed such damage was due to corrosion weakening the area but the chassis legs are completely rust free inside and out..it must just be due to stress fatigue. This will need grinding out and reinforcing.

Taupe
Last edited by taupe on Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
DAVIDMCCULLOUGH
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Almond Green Traveller Restoration

Post by DAVIDMCCULLOUGH »

A great find, looks like it wont take you long to sort those areas out :D

I also had one were the chassis leg had stressed cracked at the eyebolt, the suspension had also dropped on that side at one stage and I wondered if it had been the cause. Ive also had another were the spot welds pulled apart between the eyebolt and were the floor starts.

Too many Minors so little time.....
LUR759H
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by LUR759H »

Hi guys, Im Just wondering if any of you have any wooden sections left over from you restoration projects...

Kind regards

Alan
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

Looks like you will be busy over winter Taupe :D but will be worth it
irmscher
Minor Legend