Getting some panels back on after some time!

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
bjbrownie
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Getting some panels back on after some time!

Post by bjbrownie »

With the good weather were having,I managed to brave the spiders in the shed and retrieve the body panels that I stored in there donkeys years ago ( it seemed )and fitted them to Martha - pleased to report that they all lined up,next stage is cleaning and priming them,it is good to see her looking a bit like her old self again![frame]Image[/frame] 8)
Martha the Moggy Minor-the year long winter project!
bjbrownie
Minor Fan

Re: Getting some panels back on after some time!

Post by bjbrownie »

Spent the sunny afternoon cleaning dead spiders and crap off the wings and front panel,stripped them down,prepped them and primered them with 2 coats ready to rub down and repair the iffy bits I found-looks better already so I'm putting the engine and box in next week. 8)[frame]Image[/frame]
jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
You made a nice job of tidying up the engine bay but I take it she's not going to be chocolate brown anymore when you finish her then?
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
bjbrownie
Minor Fan

Post by bjbrownie »

You're right there Mike-she's going to be a nice bright white for the finishing coat, I really like the Audi White,it should be much better than the U.S.Army brown she's currently sporting! I'm not to worried about the difference in shade of the engine bay and boot paint as it's not going to be a show car, just a good running example (hopefully), I'll be the only one seeing the Hammerite smooth white in those bits! The inside metal will be painted to match the exterior, I don't like the original Almond Green-there's not much left of it anyway! :lol:
Lowriderlad
Minor Friendly

Post by Lowriderlad »

I like the brown! Then again I am a bit biased...[frame]Image[/frame]
bjbrownie
Minor Fan

Post by bjbrownie »

You've got the best of both worlds there,lowriderlad! :lol:
Lowriderlad
Minor Friendly

Post by Lowriderlad »

Certainly do, must admit though I do love the deep brown. Some days It just looks like I could dive straight in! Should have been an original colour!