MM1000 SGH 696F

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
tomtombassdrum
MMOC Member: No

MM1000 SGH 696F

Post by tomtombassdrum »

Hi

Up date from last years post.

How easy it is to lose time/life/money!

We did loads of work ourselves on the driveway, with great mates like Marius, Spider, Patrika, pushing it on. in the end had to build a scaffold enclosure with roof and ply front, to work in the garden. Homes under the Hammer were filming opposite and they weren't happy about my shanty town in the front garden. And that does not even begin to describe the neighbours feelings. And as for my wife......

We were quite happy to have a standard car, but it was all a cover up and was actually lethally rusty. I actually thought about scrapping it. Because of this I was happy to do some alterations. I know some of you will hate that (wife does) but the pillars were barely connected, the car had sagged, the axle mounts were out of alignment.....disaster all around.

Anyway, this is to be Tom's first car, so drivetrain largely untouched, for the tricky stuff we used Wayne at Odd Rods. Mods listed below:

Engine bay smoothed
Pipework and wiring hidden
Wiper motor in the glove box
hidden bootlid pull behind the drivers seat
New spare wheel holder made out of metal
Fuel tank filler in boot (Yes will fit a non smelly cap!!!!!)
Battery clamp in boot
Servo in boot
Lots of black gloss powder coating
New boot floor from Walnut faced ply (not shown)
Bumper iron removed and bumper straight on to body
Hidden lights in the wings
Smoothed bootlid
Hinges replaced and mounted internally for bootlid
Number plate underneath floor (plans to make it drop down if I can be bothered in the winter)
Lowered one notch at the front
All new copper brake lines
LED side lights behind grille
Small indicators to replace the big round ones at the front

Everything has been replaced steel wise. Everything seam welded. 2 rolls of Copper wire, 6 bottles of gas.....you know the score

To be done

Soundproofing inside
NS door is horridly out of shape (always was) and I think we may have to cut it about a bit
Bootlid shut line, always AWFUL, and I want to make it better, maybe weld wire around the edge?
Alternator and discrete sound system
Alarm/immobiliser
Thinking of a new heater (we have a mini one from before) as it is rubbish at best
Third eye brake light
Electronic ignition
5 speed???
Respray in the last colour ( a Ferrari Grey)
Dress the brand new 1098
Fit everything back and drive it on Boxing Day..........[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]