65 Delivery Van Restoration

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
AvantiBob
MMOC Member: No

65 Delivery Van Restoration

Post by AvantiBob »

Hello All,

My name is Bob Weir (AvantiBob) and I am in the process of either restoring a '65 Morris Minor Delivery Van or a 1948 Thames Panel (pretty much searching the continent for the right car). I am looking at a Morris Delivery Van that is in pieces. I have done a number of body-off restorations (a lot of Studebaker Avantis, a 1954 Kaiser Darrin, two Ford F1 Panel Trucks and two 1954 Willys Wagons), although I have always been the one who dismantles the cars, taking photos and videos throughout the restoration (I never get finished with extra parts left over). Is there a good source for verifying parts, so I can forward a pic of a part and find out where it goes? Is there a "Chassis", "Body" or "Parts" catalog that can be used to document the parts. It looks like everything is labeled and bagged, but I know there will be pieces that I have no idea where they go. Thanks in advance!

Bob Weir
PS- Google - AvantiBob or Kaiser Darrin #412 to see some of my restoration projects.
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: 65 Delivery Van Restoration

Post by les »

There is a body parts book for the Minor van, not too easy to find though, part number akd 3575. Handy to put your location in the appropriate box!

irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

I take it you are in America Bob any pictures :D
AvantiBob

Post by AvantiBob »

Yes, Google: "AvantiBob" (be sure it's one word), and/or Google: "Kaiser Darrin #412". That will give you some pics of my restoration projects. I hope you can access these from your country.

Yes, I'm in the states. I did a 1948 Anglia and want to someday do a 49 Thames Panel.
MarkyB
Minor Maniac

Post by MarkyB »

"Once you break something you will see how it was put together"
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

Fantastic Kaiser and ultra rare :D .Was it your father that restored the ex Clarke Gable Deusenburg J ?