newby needs advice

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
terryt
MMOC Member: No

newby needs advice

Post by terryt »

Hi-I have ventured into the classic arena for the first time and would like advice on acquiring parts for my 2door 1969 saloon.I am having her resprayed shortly and want to replace all door and window rubber seals.I have rang a couple of companies and it is quite a complicated shopping list .Can anyone point me in the right direction please as to best supplier?
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Re: newby needs advice

Post by ASL642 »

Welcome. Any Morris Minor stockist will be able supply you with a full window rubber set.

Try ESM, Bull Motif, Charles Ware and Tom Roy to name a few. They are do a mail order service.Google them for their addresses you may live near one which would save on postage.

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
simmitc
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by simmitc »

When you join the club, you will get an excellent magazine in which all the relevant traders advertise. Many have special offers from time to time on various parts. There is plenty of choice of retailer, but many of the parts come from the same source, and no one retailer is always the best value for everything. Most people on here have their favourites.
Neil MG
Minor Legend

Post by Neil MG »

Agree entirely with the above.

I find the ESM website very nice to use for parts and have had excellent service from them. But I also use the other suppliers mentioned too, and more besides.

You have a choice of window rubbers for the outer seal. I used the original type on my Series II and the rubber type on the Traveller. Both fit and work perfectly well.

You also have a choice for the door seals, I put the original cloth type on the Series II and Traveller, and the "new" rubber type on at least two other cars. The new rubber is much easier to fit and seal and I would only go with the cloth if originality is very important.
1956 Morris Minor Series II
1959 MGA 1600 Roadster
1966 Jaguar Mk2 3.8 MOD