Trafficator

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
vee12jag
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Trafficator

Post by vee12jag »

Hi guys, I'm getting to the final stages of restoring my 56 Series 2. Recently I installed the original trafficators with new yellow pointers etc. They work fine but will not fold all the way into the body (please see photo). They are quite loose in this position so I know they're not stuck.
Does anyone know if these can be adjusted in some way or are they perhaps just too worn?
Thanks in advance.
Mark[frame]Image[/frame]
kennatt
Minor Legend

Re: Trafficator

Post by kennatt »

yes they can be adjusted I've not got a diagram but if you take the whole unit out there is a punched out strip on the casing,just bend it out a bit more, its obvious if you just look at it.if you get stuck post a photo and I,ll point it out,Havent got one out of the car ,let them go when I sold the ser11.
SteveClem
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by SteveClem »

Trafficators are so simple that even I was successful in renovating 2 seized up ones. Usually they just need a good clean and straighten out any bent bits.
Neil MG
Minor Legend

Post by Neil MG »

I highly recommend the flashing bulbs for trafficators. I have them in mine and it makes them much more visible for other road users.
1956 Morris Minor Series II
1959 MGA 1600 Roadster
1966 Jaguar Mk2 3.8 MOD