Steves Morris Traveller 1970

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
greendefender123
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Re: Steves Morris Traveller 1970

Post by greendefender123 »

Haha winter starts end of august here on Exmoor.
TvdWerf
Minor Addict

Post by TvdWerf »

You live in Canada?
In know in the north, the summer is short, something like 4 months in Edmonton...
MM '51 LHD sidevalve
greendefender123
Minor Addict

No im in England. Its a different world where I am. 20 mins away it can be lovely for longer. Just gets colder sooner as we're high up, can also be foggy for 2 weeks. Grass dosent grown quickly and we have to buy hay for the Cowes earlier in the year and feed for longer. Love it here tho. Just have to get my Londoner partner to like it.
amgrave
Minor Addict

Post by amgrave »

Smoke, bustle and noise I would take Exmoor any day. By the way I'm an ex Londoner and wouldn’t go back if you paid me.

greendefender123
Minor Addict

Good to know amgrave. I don't even like towns lol.

Feels like im starting to get somewhere. Shells painted. Iv removed some tape and refitted an couple of small things this morning. The wood can go back on tomorrow. Today I stripped the roof back to bare metal etched primed it and gave it a quick coat of paint. I'll give it its final coats once it's on with a gutter fitted. My mate came up for a nose today. Was expecting him to pick fault but he's impressed with what iv achieved so far. I would post some pictures up but im really embarrassed by the state of the workshop. Its looks like somebody's taken a car apart in it. Il post some pictures up once the woods back on and I can get organised. I reckon il soon be driving it in and the workshop.
irmscher
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by irmscher »

Cant wait to see it finished :D
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Yeah I cant wait aswell :D

Just a small update. Wood hasn't gone on yet. Need help with that. I'm not very good this week but have managed to strip the the front panel and derust it. Zinc primed the front. Unfortunately I opened up some small holes. I'm gonna have to fill these im afraid. I cant afford to replace everything. Iv also stripped the paint off the bumper valance. Again opened up more holes. I'm not gonna take it apart now just fill the holes and derust it then paint it. This can also be done at a later date, it's only a bumper after all. Also derusted the engine tower mounts. Iv put the handbrake, steering column and throttle pedal back on.[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Starting the derusting after stripping.[frame]Image[/frame]

Doors waiting for paint stripping. Other panels and wood waiting to be refitted.[frame]Image[/frame]
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Woohoo we got the wood on yesterday! Was a big moment my father helped loads with it to make sure I got it right. Still meed to nail the roof down. Also fitted one wing. Need more beading for the other side and I put the rear bumper back on. Absolutely knackered now tho. Probably won't do much today.
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

Any pictures :D
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Il take some after the weekend.
Johnd103
Minor Fan

Post by Johnd103 »

Definitely pics Steve having problems uploading them at the mo myself but love seeing progress
loosewheels
Minor Friendly

Post by loosewheels »

I would rather watch the restoration you are doing than read about it in a book, what you are doing is very interesting and educational, as people watch you build and restore your car, they learn as well. hope you feel better soon. :)
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Thanks for the support. Means alot with the stresses of life.

Here's some pictures. Unfortunately I need a day off today.[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]

I might have to re drill the door hinge holes or oval them as the doors fit very low. I'm so happy with it so far. Iv just bought some loom tape and electrical cleaner. So il be able to start fitting the wiring loom and then the engine and box. I'm just changing the gearbox captive nuts for some bolts on a bit of angle. Probably over the top but will be nice and strong. Only had one bolt per side before.
DAVIDMCCULLOUGH
Minor Legend

Post by DAVIDMCCULLOUGH »

Great progress Steve! The wood going back on is a huge step, wont be long til your going for an MOT 8)

Too many Minors so little time.....
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Thanks David really is a big step. Mot still feels another year away! But I'm happy tinkering, just need to remember how it all goes back together now!
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Feeling rough again today, but iv fitted the wiring loom through the bulkhead after repairing broken sheathing with loom tape. Haven't fitted the rear part yet. Just left it in the engine bay for now.
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Iv had a tidy up and sort out today. Cleaned the workshop and sorted all the moggie bits out and put them in the car. I fitted the boot floor and filled under it with bits that I'll need later on. I'm completely shattered now tho. Took some pictures of the car. Its lovely and black underneath![frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame] vacum cleaner adapted to clean out chassis rails. I waxoyl ed the drivers side when the master cylinder was out yesterday[frame]Image[/frame] parts stored in the back.[frame]Image[/frame] couldn't resist fitting parts yesterday.[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
panky
Minor Legend

Post by panky »

Fine job, but you missed a bit :wink:
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

:lol: :lol: no no never underseal that area