Steves Morris Traveller 1970

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
greendefender123
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Re: Steves Morris Traveller 1970

Post by greendefender123 »

No underseal, it's chassis black.

Just painted the engine and refitted it with the gearbox. Il take some pictures later. It's knackered me this morning fitting it.

The paper work is right it is a gold seal gearbox fitted.
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Engine in just. Yes yes fans supposed to be yellow. Will be soon.[frame]Image[/frame] Iv changed the rocker cover gasket and the 2 panels on the side. Cleaned the breather out. Will be giving the engine a good service at a later date. The engine had never been cleaned before. Took a day of cleaning with 2 cans of oven clean a litre of petrol hot soapy water and a pressure washer. It helped preserve the engine paint tho. The block was still perfect tho I repainted it.[frame]Image[/frame]
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Iv lost all my energy at the moment which has given me a I don't care attitude. Iv still done bits on the car. Got the engine working. The fuel pump needed a tap to get it working. I greased the wiper cable and refitted it. I put some oil down the spindles. Refitted the motor but it wouldn't work. Iv regreased it on the inside. So gave it tap and it started working. It hasn't been used for 30 years. Got the speedo in temporarily and have wired bits up where I can. Need to start thinking about finishing the painting but the compressor has stopped working. The engines seized on it. Iv also fitted the other rear wing. Struggling for money aswell as strength this month. Also got some oil for the shocks.[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]

The clutch linkage is very worn. I could just replace the broken bits but will buy the kit.[frame]Image[/frame]

Need the clutch linkage and a throttle cable to get it driving. Still need to paint some ancillaries but the painting underneath is complete. I'm completely forgetting about the front suspension for the moment as iv got it all back together. Il sort this when the cars not in a thousand pieces. I'm trying to break the project down into small jobs as im struggling with my health and its also becoming to much for me.
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Engine running with no exhaust. Its cold with no choke.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B5WQjZFhk7k
Johnd103
Minor Fan

Post by Johnd103 »

Video private Steve :(
panky
Minor Legend

Post by panky »

Go easy Steve, take a break.
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Johnd103 wrote:Video private Steve :(
Oh no its not! Think iv sorted it.
greendefender123
Minor Addict

panky wrote:Go easy Steve, take a break.
No good at that. TV is boring! Doctors say it's normal tho and they can't help :(
irmscher
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by irmscher »

Just do what you can when you can :D
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Thanks.

It's incredible when your looking back through your own build. Its amazing what iv done so far. All that old metal that's been cut out. Parts cleaned up and painted.
Last edited by greendefender123 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnd103
Minor Fan

Post by Johnd103 »

Really is Steve I still look at mine and wonder how did I come that far keep up the good work !!
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Had abit of time off from the car. Replaced the front brake pipe. Stripped the passenger door to metal and its ready to paint. Just a few bits and bobs then all the painting can be done.
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Had treatment last week so lost 2 days and was ill for the rest of the week. But iv done a little bit today. Fitted and connected up the rear brakes. Fitted a new rubber hose on the rear. Spent ages cutting the rear pipe to the master cylinder. In the end I pulled the pipe up through the floor and attached some wire to it. Got mother pushing the the pipe and managed to line it up. Still I know how to do it now. Connected the handbrake cables up.

Iv done another order esm. Ordered the clutch linkage kit and poly bush and the metal bit the bush goes in. Also the door seals. I see they do a different type now. A much needed throttle cable and I bulked the order up by buying a oil filter and the seals that go under the doors.

Really need to paint the front panel and it can start going back together then. Atleast she'll be driving soon.
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Had my delivery today. So today I cracked on and changed the clutch linkage. I bought a polybush for it aswell. I greased it all up and it feels a million better than the old one. I changed the diff oil seal aswell. This job is easier with my electric impact gun. Iv also changed the axle oil and refitted the propshaft. Il take some pictures tomorrow if I make out to the workshop. Also got a new throttle cable to fit. Should be driving by tomorrow. Tho I don't want to bleed the brakes till iv sorted out the front suspension.
panky
Minor Legend

Post by panky »

Did the same job on Ted while he was in the garage, much smoother operation, feels like new :D
greendefender123
Minor Addict

panky wrote:Did the same job on Ted while he was in the garage, much smoother operation, feels like new :D
Funny enough the chap I bought it from rang me tonight. He said that was the original clutch linkage aswell as he remembers refitting it when he fitted the gold seal box and new clutch kit. So its done well as its on 95k.
panky
Minor Legend

Post by panky »

Here's hoping the new stuff will last as long :)
greendefender123
Minor Addict

panky wrote:Here's hoping the new stuff will last as long :)
Some bits arnt lasting 10 years on my land rover :cry:
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Some upto date pictures. Wings still need fettling. Car now drives.[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]

Think mothers copying the colour scheme![frame]Image[/frame]
panky
Minor Legend

Post by panky »

Top job :D