Steves Morris Traveller 1970

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
greendefender123
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Re: Steves Morris Traveller 1970

Post by greendefender123 »

Thanks john. Im doing ok with it. Slow and steady but im enjoying every minute of it. I'm sure youve got plenty to do before your shell arrives lol.
Johnd103
Minor Fan

Post by Johnd103 »

Ah got it today was running out of stuff to do .. Did you get anything done to yours this weekend ?
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Ha yeah know the feeling. Order of work on jobs goes out the window at times. Ha i have the weekends either doing motorsport or with the other love of my life. She moved to another flat this weekend which nearly killed me. Think i need the day off.

Update. Iv cut off the rusty metal on the back after lining up the new panel.
greendefender123
Minor Addict

The hose has split on my welder, being new to gas mig i just thought it was me. So the new rear inner arch needs some more work doing to it. And iv got to fix the split in the hose. Pain as its a new welding torch. Im guessing the new rear repair panel needs abit of work to fit the inner rear arches. Struggling abit as its badly corroded quite bad in this area.
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Just had the workshop and sheds broken into. Dont think anythings been taken apart from a padlock. Lost motivation to do the car today now. Feeling abit invaded.
panky
Minor Legend

Post by panky »

:x Worthless scum :evil:
DAVIDMCCULLOUGH
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by DAVIDMCCULLOUGH »

I know the feeling, happened to me a couple of years back, nothing taken but it makes you more security aware

Too many Minors so little time.....
greendefender123
Minor Addict

We were luck, my uncle whos lives a mile down the road has had thousands of pounds worth of tools stolen. His lock up and truck were broken into and another person had loads of stuff stolen. Surprised they didnt take my new welder. Iv parked the landy infront of the workshop tonight as im away tonight. Cant see them coming back again tho.
Mark Wilson
Minor Addict

Post by Mark Wilson »

Had my garage side window forced open a couple of weeks ago. Nothing taken, think they were too shocked to see the underside of a rotated Traveller in front of them. Good job they didn't realise they were standing on two well wrapped engines....
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Starting to get some love back after the break in. Popped the wheel back on. Whilst my partner was watching strictly come dancing or something. Getting ready to repair the other arch. Just putting the wood together abit first to make sure itll line up. Its surprising how hard it is taking on someone else's project when you dont know the cars. Im not fully welding up the arches till im happy. Iv had a gas leak in the welder pipe. I started to take the torch apart but struggled to get it back together and the button now sticks sometimes. Hopefully it'll just be lining it up properly. Really slow progress at the moment with my parents away and some car trials on. But its not a rush.
Johnd103
Minor Fan

Post by Johnd103 »

Any progress is good progress .. Can't believe you had your garage broken into .. I'm lucky where I am I have ten foot gates a German Shepherd and netwach security good luck if they get in place wouldn't feel the same though with mindless scum breaking in keep at it
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Well iv been very busy with my trial cars the last couple of weeks. Tho the good news is i got a gold on the Edinburgh trial. Iv also lost all energy and my joints are getting really bad. But anyway back to the moggy.

I fitted the rear wood and lined the doors up enough to fit the near side arch and rear panel. My welds are much better since iv fixed the gas leak on the welder pipe. So the rear panels are in place and mostly welded up. Iv removed the wood again hopefully for the last time. Also had a good clear up of the workshop. Really happy with welding now. Getting good at it. Next week i can spend more time on it. Still need to order the new sills.

Thats it for now. Steve
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

It's not great when you want to do things and your body complains. Must say it's easier to work on the old Landy that I've just got than the minors.
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Well we have some progress! Back panels fitted. Having to really tidy up the o/s due to the welder having a leak. Couple of places needed rewelding but all good. Iv just ordered the sills and a pillar cover panel. Im leaving the o/s boxing panel as it requires no welding. Had to order the bits as it was feeling abit bitty. Feels like im making some good progress tho.[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]

Workshops tidier then it looks. Had to change the clutch and gearbox in the daily.
panky
Minor Legend

Post by panky »

Great stuff, love resto threads :D
don58van
Minor Addict

Post by don58van »

Iv just ordered the sills and a pillar cover panel.
I hope the pillar cover you have ordered is better than the ones I ordered from one of the major suppliers of Minor parts ( :D ) some time ago. Mine were totally useless :evil: . They were so far from the correct shape that it was impractical to try to fettle them into shape. I cut them up to fabricate other repairs.

Thanks for sharing your restoration with us.

Don
greendefender123
Minor Addict

don58van wrote:
Iv just ordered the sills and a pillar cover panel.
I hope the pillar cover you have ordered is better than the ones I ordered from one of the major suppliers of Minor parts ( :D ) some time ago. Mine were totally useless :evil: . They were so far from the correct shape that it was impractical to try to fettle them into shape. I cut them up to fabricate other repairs.

Thanks for sharing your restoration with us.

Don
Ha its probably gonna be rubbish then. Was cheap. I can repair the drivers side just hope i can do something with the new passenger side. Hopefully the sills are good thats the important bit.
greendefender123
Minor Addict

New panels arrived. Hopefully i can make anymore that I'll need. Excellent service. Only ordered them yesterday.[frame]Image[/frame]

Is this the rubbish cover panel?[frame]Image[/frame]
Mark Wilson
Minor Addict

Post by Mark Wilson »

I think there's a bit of a dog leg in one of your outer sills... :)
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Haha atleast its not a beetle shaped dog leg lol. Never again.