Restoration Project number 1

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Eternal0snow92
MMOC Member: No

Restoration Project number 1

Post by Eternal0snow92 »

Hello everyone greeting's all.

It's lovely to meet you all. I'm very new to the site and owners club of sorts, so please bare with me. My name is Faye and live in Norfolk. I'm 23 years old and very new to the world of classic cars in general. I never really had personally been interested in cars so this new turn of events had surprised me tremendously.

[frame]Image[/frame]

This is my new girl I recently became the owner of a Morris Minor 1961 she doesn't look like much because she has been inside a ship container for nearly 4 years and gathered a lot of dust. I got her for just £800 with the actual licence plate but instead of red interior, she has green. Which I think it looks better. All she needs is welding which my dad is helping me and a new battery which we have and put fresh fuel in it next week after we drain the old fuel. This is what she looks like now. It was really love at first site with this car.

Well, wish me luck with this girl and I appreciate any advice from experience restoration projects owners. Like the best 'people' to chrome her. Which I planned to do. I just can't believe she's been neglected like this for over 4 years She will be worth the hard work.

Check this out, I was only looking for classic cars only a few weeks ago after a kite fair my dad introduced me to the good ol' console with the one bench seat. And the mini Austin, the Traveller ect. But I really fell in love with the Morris Minor. My dad is a Heavy goods mechanic went into work the next day, found this charming thing sitting on it's own at the back
of his work place! It was like it was meant to be.
jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Restoration Project number 1

Post by jagnut66 »

Welcome on board. A little TLC (and a spot of welding) and she'll soon be ploughing the Queens highway again.
Before you spend a small fortune re-chroming, which isn't as good these days as when she was made, you may want to check out the ads on here / eBay, as there are perfectly reusable second hand items out there for quite reasonable prices.
Plus don't forget the club spares on here as well.
And a little patternation is called 'character'!! :wink:
Good luck and enjoy! :P
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
darren1camper
Minor Friendly

Post by darren1camper »

Good luck my first car was a morris nearly 30 years ago and I have still got one lol. You fall in love with them. There's plenty of advice and help on here but you must try and join a local club which is very worthwhile. Best regards Darren
minor65
Minor Addict

Post by minor65 »

Welcome to minor ownership !!! I have a black 61 also, but a 4 door. More pictures please, we like pictures here.

irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

Looks a very nice car and you may be surprised how well the old chrome comes up and its far superior to the repro available
DAVIDMCCULLOUGH
Minor Legend

Post by DAVIDMCCULLOUGH »

Ive also a 61 2 door thats a project among my minors!

If you use facebook there is a young owners page which you may be interested in. https://www.facebook.com/MMOCYM

Good luck with the project! :D

Too many Minors so little time.....
Eternal0snow92

Post by Eternal0snow92 »

Thank you very much for the warm welcome! I appreciate it and the confidence to restore it.

I know what you mean, morris minor's have such character compared to a modern car. We called her Mystic Mog, because I'm a spiritualist medium so it worked Lol. Quirky car for a quirky occupation. I was curious sadly it didn't come with the original manual for her, so I wondering where would be the best manual for a Morris minor 1961? If you have it here wonderful!

And also, thank you for the advise with face book page! :D I was on it like a car bonet! Lol
Yes you will get random jokes from me. Lol
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

You may get some from us too!! :D

panky
Minor Legend

Post by panky »

Hi there and welcome to you and your lovely Minor :D
If you do a Google search for Morris Minor manual you will find a free PDF download - it's very good.
Johnd103
Minor Fan

Post by Johnd103 »

Any updates on this one ?