HELP, were do i start ?

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
landyman
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

HELP, were do i start ?

Post by landyman »

Well ive just acquired my my father in law's Morris traveler, one family owned wood work none existent but body work seems ok. Ive taken off doors, seats old carpets, bonnet, but what do i need to do next ? need advise on what order to do things in, i know the engine needs to come out and id like to put it on its side, but do i leave all rotted wood in tact i dont want to twist chassis , need all the help i can get
regards landyman
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: HELP, were do i start ?

Post by les »

Probably needs to be seen to advise you, so maybe your location would help! Might be someone near.

landyman
Minor Friendly

Post by landyman »

hi thanks for the quick reply, im retford nottinghamshire, dont know how to add pics yet or add my location, but working on it
thanks[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

Brace the doors to stop twisting and support on all four corners
Redmoggy
Minor Fan

Post by Redmoggy »

I think I would start by removing the sill kick plates so you can asses the condition of the vehicle structure. Then if you do find it is rotten you will need to ensure the door hinges are not worn before making sure the doors open and close nice with even gaps. Then brace the apertures ready for welding.

Rod
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Post by greendefender123 »

Im doing a similar traveller tho have found more rot under sill covers that have been brazed on. Mines also a one owner with non existant wood. Tho luckily came with a refurbished set. Iv stripped it down, doing the welding 1st then il get it back on its wheels and paint the engine and get the engine refitted. All good fun.
Mark Wilson
Minor Addict

Post by Mark Wilson »

I'd start by searching this section for NeilMG's Traveller restoration thread and spending a couple of evenings reading it in detail. Hopefully you won't have to do as much as he did, but it's very informative.