Banded wheels ?

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
lisadavee
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Banded wheels ?

Post by lisadavee »

Hi everyone , just a quick question , i currently have banded wheels with really good tyres on my mogwi , i'am not that keen on them , would i be better selling them or swapping them for some nice ones , not keen on original wheels which other wheels fit if anyone knows please . Thanks Lisa[frame]Image[/frame]
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Re: Banded wheels ?

Post by greendefender123 »

I'm sure you'll sell those very easily. You can get mini lites alloys which I think look good. Tho im sticking my standard wheels and hub caps.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

I'm not even sure banded wheels are legal these days. Any 4" PCD wheels will fit - but more readily available in 13" size ex Spridget etc. The wider van LP917 wheels obviously fit and are much better, but expensive now even if you can find a set. Some Traders sell a replica of that wheel - but some have had 'mixed' (shall I say) reports of concentricity and balance etc.and not inexpensive either... Or buy 'Minilites' from the likes of JLH. There are NO modern car wheels that fit!!!
ImageImage
samuria
Minor Legend

Post by samuria »

i think they look good... may be paint them a lighter colour ?
if you do want to sell them you should get a good price for them,
if they have been banded well :wink:
olderisbetter
Minor Addict

Post by olderisbetter »

Is the astra or cavalier 14" wheel still a good way to get wider wheels, its where you cut the middle out of the morris wheel and weld it into the vauxhall one, i want wider wheels with a deeper look and hub caps, or had someone got a better way?