resto project

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
freddie9860
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

resto project

Post by freddie9860 »

hey guys, this is my first project car its not in too bad nick and is structurally sound however has a few bits of wielding well needed to be done on a few of the panels and also the underside of the bonnet! i bought the car with a lot of thought last weekend and have had it delivered to my house where it is not exposed to the elements anymore. The car has been stood for 20 years under a barn which was to say the least bit damp and open... The car was purchased for £450 due to the previous owner needing space and wanting the car gone. The inside of the morris is in rather good nick with a few minor ( no pun intended ) issues to be dealt with sic as a few switches and seats to be seen to! I thought id inform you guys with the progress i will be making on the car and i would give you an insight to how it looks now. Hopefully i will post some more photos when the car is more improved. Just to inform you all I'm 16 years of age and currently trying to restore this car so ill be able to drive in it when i pass my test![frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
amgrave
Minor Addict

Re: resto project

Post by amgrave »

Well done on a good purchase and good for you jumping in at the deep end at 16 years old. Any problems put a post up and you will find we are a helpful bunch here. In the mean time invest in a couple of litres of t-cut and the car will be looking a lot better :lol: :lol: :lol:

samuria
Minor Legend

Post by samuria »

nice to see young minor fans. if that was mine i would give it a good clean up first.
then you can see what it should look like.
whats wrong with the bonnet?
standing out in the covered barn was better for it than in a damp enclosed garage,
at least the flow of air would have kept it drier.
best of luck with your project :wink:
freddie9860
Minor Friendly

Post by freddie9860 »

Thanks guys, its getting a good clean up on the weekend. The bonnet has a lose catch nothing too hard to put right!
mogbob
Minor Legend

Post by mogbob »

Welcome Freddie
There a few of us who have coped with worst examples than your car , so keep the questions / queries coming.
I assume that you've seen the young members section on the forum, a very active section ?
They have all the enthusiasm , us " oldies " have the experience and just have to think a bit smarter , trying to keep up !!
Good luck with it...enjoy.
Bob
freddie9860
Minor Friendly

Post by freddie9860 »

Thanks bob, i posted on here to see what all you guys think about my project! and if you have any advise I'm sure i will message you.

Freddie
SteveClem
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by SteveClem »

Good luck Freddie! Some things will be better than you think and some will be worse. Great to have you onboard.
DAVIDMCCULLOUGH
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by DAVIDMCCULLOUGH »

You should start a restoration thread Freddie, you will get plenty of advice and encouragement along the way!

Good luck with your project 8)

Too many Minors so little time.....