Restoring Morris Pickup 1971

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Greenie
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Restoring Morris Pickup 1971

Post by Greenie »

Dean wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:34 pm
Greenie wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:42 pm Nice motor,
I was 7 years old, ooo Marilyn
Thank you, she just sailed through her 10th MOT since I got her back on the road.

Some pre MOT piccys for you.
Oh she nice, beautiful condition. Well worth the save. I've asked hubby to get me one to play with, he has Greenie the van and Norman the pickup. By the way put my letter together to DVLA with evidence as Norman on a MAU-5 !!!!!!!!!!! Chassis so it's proves on the MAU-5 alone he's a pickup not light van. M = Morris
A = variation type of engine U= Pickup oh wowee the book I have has so much info. For those who do not have this book (which I'm sure = a few) it is the
Morris Minor Third Edition by Paul Skilleter printed 1989
Just a useful bit of info or maybe not chuckle ... I'm not teaching anyone to suck eggs... I'm a newbie greenies wife marilyn
Greenie
Minor Fan

Post by Greenie »

PoolGuy wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:24 pm
Greenie wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:35 pm
Norman was produced at Adderley Park plant and officially a 1970 the year the plant shut down and all records destroyed.
Greenies wife Marilyn
Are you sure about that, mine was an Adderley PK build in 71? No records available from Heritage though. :cry:

Quote from morris minor 3rd edition book.
"LCV
as for 1970, until production ceased in late 1971. The Adderley Park plant was then closed down and all production records subsequently destroyed. Many of these late examples were not registered until 1972, and received 'K' registration letters.
Greenie
Minor Fan

Post by Greenie »

Norman was produced at Adderley Park plant and officially a 1970 the year the plant shut down and all records destroyed.
Greenies wife Marilyn
Are you sure about that, mine was an Adderley PK build in 71? No records available from Heritage though. :cry:
Have a chassis numbers data page if you want any more info,
1971 chassis numbers
From 302806 to 325885
1972 chassis numbers
From 325886 to 327369,(February 1972)
Quote:
The first and last chassis numbers in each year from 1966 to 1972 are based on
Glass's Commercial Vehicle Check Book, as no factory records exist after 1965

Two and four doors production finally ended late 1970 at car number 1288337, which was built on 12 November.
The traveller survived another few months
And the last Traveller left Adderley Park in April 1971. The minor was obsolete.
Hence parts left were made up in the birth if the morris marina.
Last edited by Greenie on Sat May 18, 2019 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banned User
Minor Fan

Post by Banned User »

Greenie wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:44 pm
1970 the year the plant shut down
Are you sure about that, mine was an Adderley PK build in 71?

Quote from morris minor 3rd edition book.
"LCV
as for 1970, until production ceased in late 1971. The Adderley Park plant was then closed down
It was your "1970 the year the plant shut down" quote that I was querying. It confused me as my van was built there in 71. Your quote from the 3rd edition book clarifies things.
Greenie
Minor Fan

Post by Greenie »

Yes, totally understand, I had to write the quotes from the book to help clarify what I had set down. It goes in to say the minor resurrected with some parts and body shells 1974 by Dutton Forshaw, s Swindon branch but that's where I end this.
Greenies wife Marilyn
Greenie
Minor Fan

Post by Greenie »

Yes, totally understand, I had to write the quotes from the book to help clarify what I had set down. It goes on to say the minor was resurrected with some parts and body shells 1974 by Dutton Forshaw, s Swindon branch but that's where I end this.
Greenies wife Marilyn
POMMReg
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by POMMReg »

Mmmm...🤔
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
Greenie
Minor Fan

Re: Restoring Morris Pickup 1971 truck tonneau

Post by Greenie »

Hi everybody,
Wowee...... Norman looking good, sits nice with all tyres sorted, bonnet all lines up opens shuts nice, doors settled now and open and close nicely, sills done, sounds so sweet, yet to fit interior carpets, seats, and going to take him for a quick run around the block next week, I shall be taking photos for hubby. Still bits to do, I not been well so my side slowed down (greenies wife) have all the necessary to finish Norman off except the following:

Rope hooks, tonneau, and bows,

Question to you all any help on the above, appreciated.

All for now greenies wife Marilyn
Greenie
Minor Fan

Re: Restoring Morris Pickup 1970

Post by Greenie »

Greenie wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:20 pm Found out today my Morris Pickup 1971 is a previous one owner. Sadly the original owner has passed but he owned this vehicle from new. He used it for his carpentry business.. Over the years it fell into disarray and he started to bring her back to full glory. But time waits for no man and It was finally stored 19 years ago and that was it. So now proudly the new owner I intend to get her back on the road, with a promise to the previous owners wife asking for a photograph when done, but I intend once back on the road to drive it to her to show the vehicle in person.
That's it for now until I get more history.
Norman officially a 1970 build and registration
Greenie
Minor Fan

Post by Greenie »

:D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :
oh big cheesy grin everyone, update on Norman, as previously notified so all up-to-date Norman is a 1970 Build and registration from Adderley Park Plant , confirmed... will bring you more up to the mark when DVLA have amended from Van to Pickup.
However that is not the news I have been longing to tell you, Norman was driven today by my good self on the road and around the block, climbing a nice gradient hill for the FIRST TIME in nearly 40 years after being laid silent, I am very proud of my achievement, there are some tweaks to do but Norman responded well through the gears, the brakes cannot fault them,( I have to add a compliment here to Andrew Eggleton from Minor parts for the terrific service on the cylinders, technical faults of which he rectified with 18 hours of a phone call at no cost to us.)
That done I can go on about the vehicle. ( I was miffed I was not in when hubby took Norman out Greenies wife) but yes pride swells the head and yes call me big headed for today I am with my hubby, Well Done Eric.

My self (Greenies wife have been a little busy too, cleaned out the engine bay made Norman a little cleaner, he never ever will be concourse, we don't want him to be, He is a Mighty Work Horse and that is how we want him to stay, but oh boy he is going to look so good when the last of the TLC has been done. will upload you some photos taken today just to bring you onto the picture ,oh joy of joy I am so excited....
There are several things we want to replace , but these can be done when Norman takes his journey to the body shop, later on this year,
So from Hubby and myself thank you all for your interest and advice "The Greenies"
Greenie
Minor Fan

Post by Greenie »

Photos 23rd May 2019
Attachments
Norman 5 23rd May.jpg
Norman 5 23rd May.jpg (527.16 KiB) Viewed 2757 times
Norman 6 23rd May.jpg
Norman 6 23rd May.jpg (552.1 KiB) Viewed 2757 times
Norman 6  23rd May.jpg
Norman 6 23rd May.jpg (579.95 KiB) Viewed 2757 times
Norman 7 23rd May.jpg
Norman 7 23rd May.jpg (585.24 KiB) Viewed 2757 times
Norman 8 23rd May.jpg
Norman 8 23rd May.jpg (513.72 KiB) Viewed 2757 times
Greenie
Minor Fan

Post by Greenie »

photos
Attachments
Norman 23 May.jpg
Norman 23 May.jpg (491.28 KiB) Viewed 2758 times
Norman 2 23rd May.jpg
Norman 2 23rd May.jpg (591.44 KiB) Viewed 2758 times
Greenie
Minor Fan

Post by Greenie »

Greenie wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:16 pm :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :
oh big cheesy grin everyone, update on Norman, as previously notified so all up-to-date Norman is a 1970 Build and registration from Adderley Park Plant , confirmed... will bring you more up to the mark when DVLA have amended from Van to Pickup.
However that is not the news I have been longing to tell you, Norman was driven today by my good self on the road and around the block, climbing a nice gradient hill for the FIRST TIME in nearly 40 years after being laid silent, I am very proud of my achievement, there are some tweaks to do but Norman responded well through the gears, the brakes cannot fault them,( I have to add a compliment here to Andrew Eggleton from Minor parts for the terrific service on the cylinders, technical faults of which he rectified with 18 hours of a phone call at no cost to us.)
That done I can go on about the vehicle. ( I was miffed I was not in when hubby took Norman out Greenies wife) but yes pride swells the head and yes call me big headed for today I am with my hubby, Well Done Eric.
Not bad for 3 oldies (Greenies Wife, Greenie & Norman )
My self (Greenies wife have been a little busy too, cleaned out the engine bay made Norman a little cleaner, he never ever will be concourse, we don't want him to be, He is a Mighty Work Horse and that is how we want him to stay, but oh boy he is going to look so good when the last of the TLC has been done. will upload you some photos taken today just to bring you onto the picture ,oh joy of joy I am so excited....
There are several things we want to replace , but these can be done when Norman takes his journey to the body shop, later on this year,
So from Hubby and myself thank you all for your interest and advice "The Greenies"
mogbob
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by mogbob »

Many congratulations to you both on getting Norman back on the road. Be prepared for the questions as to why you have a permanent silly grin ( of pride ) on your faces. You're entitled …. after all the hard work , enjoy.
Well done.
Bob
Greenie
Minor Fan

Post by Greenie »

Thank you, I shall I keep up the story until I can show you Norman in his glory and as I explained earlier, a photo of Norman's wife havinung a bouquet and a drive down memory lane. I have found two cinema tickets from their past, I will enclose this in the photo, her memories of her loving husband, Norman.
Not just yet though, still some to do.
Greenies wife Marilyn
Greenie
Minor Fan

Post by Greenie »

Greenie wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:17 am Thank you, I shall I keep up the story until I can show you Norman in his glory and as I explained earlier, a photo of Norman's wife receiving a bouquet from us both and a drive down memory lane. I have found two cinema tickets from their past, I will enclose this in the photo, her memories of her loving husband, Norman.
Greenies wife Marilyn
Greenie
Minor Fan

Post by Greenie »

Greenie wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:17 am Thank you, I shall I keep up the story until I can show you Norman in his glory and as I explained earlier, a photo of Norman's wife receiving a bouquet from us both and a drive down memory lane. I have found two cinema tickets from their past, I will enclose this in the photo, her memories of her loving husband, Norman.
Greenies wife Marilyn
Greenie
Minor Fan

Post by Greenie »

Sorry for repeating, guess I'm so keen haha and I do not know how to delete my extra notices.
Marilyn
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Just touch the submit button once and release, to avoid repetition of post. To delete, touch the X at the top right of your post, it may nor be there if you leave the deletion too long.

Greenie
Minor Fan

Post by Greenie »

:D :lol:
Underlay, Carpets & Seats in, yet another step to completion... what a day, took longer than anticipated, (that's a hard days work)
hubby done well. (seat was only put in temporary for test run previously)
I have started getting the door cards back up to colour and pleased how it went. Bit T Cut see how Norman will look inside cab, Yes I think that will be ok, although the quarter panel in doors have yet to be replaced , the cab is nearly finished. Seat belts cleaned and in working order.
That's it for today folks, (I even got to strim and mow the lawn) so we deserve a good rest.
Greenies wife Marilyn :roll: